What do you say when a stranger compliments your bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I usually smile and say thanks.

When I do this, I noticed that people look at me like they're expecting me to say more, and when I don't, they look disappointed or put-off. Would they prefer if I said thanks and broke out into song and dance? :shrugs:

It's gotten to the point where I don't want people to compliment me anymore because I feel like saying "thanks" isn't enough?

2. "Thank You":smile:

- I have complimented a few ladies on their bags and they were always gracious about it, just a Thank You.

3. Maybe I'm just getting weirdos complimenting me?

One time when I was out shopping another shopper complimented my bag. I said "thank-you" and she kept looking at me like she was expecting me to say more so I started talking about the bag (the name, if it's LE, etc.) she responded positively to that, but I felt weird talking about my purse to a stranger.

Has anyone else experienced other people expecting more than a "Thank-you"?

4. - Is LV uncommon where you live? Maybe that is why they want to talk about it.

5. A simple Thank You

6. Exactly ! :heart:

7. thank you. that's all

8. "Thank you" with a :smile:

9. ^^I agree!

10. Thank you with a nice smile

11. "Thank you. I just love it!"

12. Thank you. (No explanation necessary)

13. i usually say, "awwwww, thank you."

14. Nope. I was living in CA at the time. LV is everywhere!

15. #15 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    I know exactly what you mean! That has happened to me while wearing Balenciaga bags. I am a little on the shy side as it is so it felt really weird and until reading your post, figured it was just me. But yes, I know that look that seems to expect more.

Not that I'm complaining about the compliments at all. :smile: