What do you SAVE on so you can SPLURGE on LV?

OSURxTN

O.G.
Jul 18, 2013
There is no doubt that we share a great love for LV :heart::love:. So my question to all of you is what are you willing to save/skimp on and what are your splurges/loves besides LV?

For me....
Splurge-LV Handbags, SLGs, etc (It's my Hobby;)), Makeup, Skincare, Good food @ grocery/farmer's market

Skimp/Save-Clothes (buy basics on sale-Chico's, Macy's, TJMaxx), Pack my lunch/limit eating out, make my own coffee (No Starbucks in the direction of my work helps), most vacations are work related for my husband or busy seeing family, do my own nails, only buy used cars and then drive them for a long time.

Somewhere in the Middle-Shoes, jewelry, get my hair done every 10-12 weeks

I usually buy first and then do without like crazy...but its easier for me when I have my new bag to stare at.
We all have our ways to make things happen and this just works for me.

This is a fun thread my answers are almost identical as you :smile:

Splurge: LV and SLGs, like to eat really well so will buy food we love at farmer's market and grocery

Save on: Starbucks (it's rare I go) unless on vacation, we don't eat out a lot, I do my pedicure, movies (most of the time we watch at home, clothes (I like sales)

Middle: shoes (I need to buy extra comfy because of a kneed problem), jewelry (usually I receive as gifts), hair (cut only, no shampoo etc.)

Let's see...do my own hair for sure saves me some...do my own pedicures as well...skipping a few vacations in the summer...cutting back on eating out...shopping off season(I love a good sale and never leave the house without a coupon)...and trying to cut back on the wine(but I must admit, I'm never really good at skimping on this one. Lol!)

Splurge - handbags only - I don't spend a lot of money on anything else.

Save - coffee, pack my lunch, watch my spending on impulse items and clothes (being pregnant had helped a lot in the clothing department lol)

Middle - shoes (sometimes)

My two biggest splurges are LV and getting my hair done every six weeks. And lately I've been getting my nails done. Our family does spend a lot on food too. Hubby is a good cook though so we don't eat out much- unless we need a break from the kids! LOL
I tend to hunt down bargains for clothing- the best quality at the lowest price- I'm a pretty good shopper and I'll go everywhere- Nordy's, Neiman's, Macy's, Marshall's and I LOVE Steinmart! For pants I need to shop in the Junior's Dept so that is always tricky. I tend to gravitate towards skirts and dresses. My ex mother in law was a seamstress for Bergdorf Goodman and she taught me to shop- going with mostly classic pieces and fabrics that fit your figure the right way.

I'm not a shoe fanatic at all. My closet is filled with flip flops and since moving to Florida (18 years ago- Wow) I hate closed toe shoes. I don't spend a lot on shoes but I can't wear really cheap shoes or they hurt my feet.
I bring my lunch to work every day and we have a Keurig there so I can make my own tea/coffee. We also haven't been going on any vacations lately since hubs is self-employed and he's been really busy. Everyone else has been visiting us!! :smile:

Splurge: LV and clothes (I'm obsessed with fashion but in terms of clothes, I try to wait till sales to buy items that I want)

Save: Food (I don't really care what I eat, as long as it's not too unhealthy), transportation (I try to walk everywhere), vacations and the hotels that I stay in, going on night outs, drinking, etc

Middle: Shoes (I need comfortable shoes that won't fall apart after a month)

Splurge - LV and other designer purses/SLGs, like to eat in restaurants, like to travel in Canada and the US, must have good shoes because of foot pain

Save - don't smoke, don't buy coffees, make our own wine, don't buy any clothing that has to be drycleaned (not so much to save money but because the chemicals give me a rash), buy cheap/house brands when quality doesn't matter to me (example paper towels or garbage bags), seldom buy books (have found loads of interesting books free on Kindle, or swap with friends)

Middle - due to age (dry skin and hair) I need good quality face cream, shampoo, etc. but I stick to drugstore brands, not the outrageously priced ones

Well is a mix answer for me. I save on food by cooking. And buy less clothes.

So I can buy lv.

Then , I save on lv , to do upgrades for my house and gardening and now saving for solar panels.

I didn't buy any lv this year. Hubby got my something for bday but I saved all my money for the house. Looking forward to get the shimmer lv scarf and artsy though .... :sad:

Splurge : LV and my hair (very expensive in here :tdown: )

Save: buying clothes on sale, I don't have many shoes, not drinking or smoking, try to eat at home or at cheap options, bigger holiday only every few years

Middle: make up and cosmetics

This is fun:yahoo:
Splurge: LV's, eating out, make up, hair and skin care OMG

Save: Coffee (gifted a Nespresso for Mother's day), no car (half a block commute and DBF has company car), clothes (wear scrubs to work).

Middle: Vacations (twice a year)

This is a fun thread!

Splurge - LV, pedicure once in a while, hair every 8-12 weeks

Save - I buy my clothes on sale, Starbucks only once a month or so, and we don't vacation often!

Middle - Eating out is more often than it should be but hubby gets major discounts because of his job, so that helps!