What do you really think of the WTM? Opnions needed...

mk78

Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone,
Well here I am pining over the elusive LM in purple glossy or a TMA in petrol glossy and I had no clue that the fall 08 collection was up for pre-ordering!! My, my what a Gorgeous, jewel toned collection!!! I practically drooled over the keyboard at the WTM, it looks great in both sizes and I was seriously contemplating it in chocolate crash, purple crash or petrol glossy..however, when I viewed the picture thread of the hug me and the whisper to me, I really went off the WTM on account of the circular details on the base of the bag. I think that myself, along with a few others have mentioned this in that particular thread..I just can't get my head round it, it's like the bag is beautiful from the top and then as your eyes move down I see these two odd looking circles, that granted serve a purpose, but I feel really dampens it for me. Thing is I was really hoping to get this style in one of the metallic crashes cos I love the shape and size(s)..does anyone else feel the same way? The hug me does look gorgeous too in the purple crash but I'm looking for more of a shoulder bag than a hand held bag as I was hoping to wear the straps of the WTM over my shoulders like I do with my TMA in natural.

I had the same reaction about the circles at first. I like the Whisper to Me Midi. I find the regular one just tooooo big. It is a very motorcycle chic looking messenger bag. At first I didn't like it...but I spent some time in Europe just recently...and it is very Euro and the new wave in handbag design. So. while it is not something I originally liked...I've wrapped my head around it now. I could totally get that bag.

My concern is that the cross body strap is so thin...can it support the bag? Cross body use is hard use, in my opinion. When I travel, I use a cross body bag...and it gets a lot of wear and tear.

I love the WTM but I wasn't sure if the modeling pictures were the midi size or the larger one. It did look pretty big to me. I'm not a big person and I can get overwhelmed if the bag is too big. The round things are a bit weird, but I think I can get over that. I'd love to see more pics of the bag by PF members.

Hi mk78! Well, when I first saw the 'Fall 08' line the bag that struck me was the WTM, loved the style, the detailing, and it was....tres chic....as us Europeans are!!! From the front the bag looked fab, and yes, whilst the circles are 'there' didn't look too obvious. I just put it down to the 'design', and it seems they're there to reinforce the bag, due to its narrow depth. HOWEVER, after seeing the 'modelling pics' I really don't think the bag is 'doing anything' for me! Not sure whether it's the colour, or the lighting, but from what I've seen it really doesn't do the bag any justice from when I saw the 'original' pics. Don't get me wrong, loving the style....but after much deliberation, personally, that particular bag doesn't suit my needs....who knows though I may think differently down the line! You may need to see more pics of the WTM in other colours, under different lighting, and angles to get a better idea of the bag......maybe contact Jackie or Ashley to get more! :yes:

BUT, please be absolutely sure before going forward, as you'll regret it, if you can't see past the 'circles'!! Oh by the way, the TMA is FAB, got one in Black!!

The circles bother me as well. That's the main point plus the point that tropicalgirl raised of the thin strap. Usually once I notice something I consider a flaw on a bag, I just can't buy it. Like with DL bag with the ring reminding me of a bull. Sometimes it's the small details that will totally break it for me (but save my wallet!).

I have an anna corinna and a Coach messenger with straps that thin. The Coach, in particular is very heavy. I'm not sure what you are worried about. Neither bag has shown any signs of strain on the seams of the straps - so there is no chance of it tearing or even stretching.

As for the circles - they don't really bother me. I had a Bulga bag once that had those circles, so I'm used to them. I think it looks awesome in the modeling pics!

But, yeah, if you really don't like the circles, you probably shouldn't get the bag as I doubt its something you would get used to.

The circles don't bother me in the least. I think that whole bag is unique and very interesting. It's definitely something you don't see everyday and I love that.

I prefer the large size as I know Jackie's leather and it will slouch and soften a good deal, so for me it's the larger size hands-down.

Well I've just placed an order for the TME in petrol for now and have decided I'll just wait to see pics of all you gals with your WTMs and WTMMs and then go figure whether I want on or not. I still can't tell from Jackie's modelling pics or of the pr-order form pics.

I saw the circles and appreciate their structural purpose, although I don't particularly care for their aesthetic appeal. For this reason, I care less for the full size Whisper To Me than its smaller sibling, the Whisper To Me Midi. The circular elements are too prominent its overall design in the full size model ~ well, at least to my eye; and, I find it much less noticeable in the smaller Midi version.

Ultimately, I find the overall design and size of the Whisper To Me Midi far more attractive than my ambivalence about these circular components.

I hear you, I guess with me I am fickle with every detail of a bag, and if there is one thing that irks me about it be it structurally or aesthetically that just throws me off completely :sad: