Jimmy Choo What do you really think of metallics?

Beanskitty

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I have been eyeing a metallic bag for awhile, but I am a bit hesitant. What do you all think of metallic bags in general? Are they terribly trendy or will they stand the test of time? Will they go out of fashion and then just sit unused? Also, are they really youthful or are they a style you would enjoy carrying when you are older too? I would love to hear some opinions from people who are really into handbags.

TIA

Beanskitty

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
For me, this is one way for someone who is a little (OK a lot) older to add bling to her style without looking like she is trying too hard. I love metallic bags, but when I carry one I am careful to keep everything else pretty toned down.

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
I think everyone should have some metallic bags in their collections (I have several). I don't think they are trendy at all - they have certainly been around now for awhile and I think they will continue to be popular - with all ages. I don't really know how one would consider a bag for the old or the young. I think what ages or doesn't age a bag, regardless of style and color is what the owner is wearing and how it is all put together. Designers are getting better at metallics and they are wearing better too. I think you should go for it!!!!:biggrin:

Beanskitty

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
Thank you for your input. I was a bit concerned about the whole metallic idea but this bag is a real winner. I have a picture, but it is in an e-mail and I can't seem to get the picture out so I can move it. If I end up getting the bag, I'll definitely post a picture.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Metallics can be very elegant or can go horribly wrong. I love metallic bags and have a few. In Choo, the metallic I have is the Platinum Ring. Metallics, like animal prints, have been around for as long as I have been buying bags.