What do you pay for housecleaning (venting!!)

well, i have never cleaned houses for a living myself (except for my own, of course) but i did used to work retail for over 15 years, and believe me, i cannot imagine cleaning anybody's house and putting up with their filth. i honestly think housekeepers deserve every penny they make. retail is nowhere near as tough as cleaning houses. i give them a lot of credit.

since i am not working, i no longer have a housekeeper, but when i was working our housekeeper charged us $100/month, but she only came once every two weeks. i thought that was very reasonable considering she was only cleaning 2 hours at the most each day, but she did a great job.

well, i have never cleaned houses for a living myself (except for my own, of course) but i did used to work retail for over 15 years, and believe me, i cannot imagine cleaning anybody's house and putting up with their filth. i honestly think housekeepers deserve every penny they make. retail is nowhere near as tough as cleaning houses. i give them a lot of credit.

since i am not working, i no longer have a housekeeper, but when i was working our housekeeper charged us $100/month, but she only came once every two weeks. i thought that was very reasonable considering she was only cleaning 2 hours at the most each day, but she did a great job.

Ita. I completely agree that a housekeeping job is much harder than a retail job. Yea, in retail you have to be on your feet, but your not doing manual labor. A retail job is more desirable than a cleaning job because of the conditions OP described for instance it's a fun social environment vs working alone all day cleaning other peoples messes. I agree that cleaning ladys deserve every penny! Like someone else said: it's supply and demand, if they weren't worth that much, they wouldn't be in business.

I'm in a 1500 sq ft townhome (3 bdrm, 2 1/2 bath) and have a team of two come in monthly. I don't have kids or pets so once a month is all I need. I pay $146 per month and that rate has only increased once in the 8 years I've lived here. They vacuum, dust, scrub, polish - everything but change the linens. VERY happy with the service!

coming home to a sparkling clean house after a long workday = :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I pay $125 per visit 2x month. It's usually 2-5 people at any given time and they are usually here for 2-3 hours. I have a three story townhouse but live alone with my dog.

Those time when I am being "cheap" and balk at the price, I just think about he fact that I really dont want to clean this house. However, I'd give up the cleaning folks at a moments notice if someone would come cook for me everyday :blush:

We pay $150 flat rate/day for a large house in the suburbs. That's normal around here....

The reason why these cleaning ladies get paid more than you do for retail is because their job is less desirable.... I'm sure majority of people would rather take a job folding clothes and fiddling with cash registers than having to be on their knees slaving away scrubbing toilets and windows.

I pay $90 per week for our cleaning lady. she come very week. She comes in at 9 am and leaves at 2pm. I live in 2900 sq ft apatment .Shes is good not great but she is part of the family. She even takes leftovers with her. She also does laundry. I am a clean freak so she cleans and I maintain the house clean the whole week so the house in never really dirty when she comes.

Last edited:
$80 per visit for our cleaning lady (4 bedroom house, abt 3500sq feet)... she stays about 6 hours and brings her own supplies except she uses our vacuum cleaner. She's really a life saver and she deserves every penny plus the tip we give her.

When i was in college I cleaned houses to help pay bills. It was HARD work!! I did work in retail too. For me personally, I would rather clean houses then work retail.

My housekeeper is $65 per visit for about 2.5 hours, one person cleaning my 4000 square foot home. Basic cleaning only. Very cheap but then again, it's only basic cleaning. Vacuum, dusting, sweep, mop. She forgets to do things sometimes so I think $65 is fair. If she were AMAZING I would pay more. But she is always on time, I trust her in my home and does an ok job for the $$. I did pay $160 in the past but she broke everything!

I've had the same housekeeper for 12 years, she also takes care of my son's house and my daughter's house, she comes once a week, we are family. We pay her 100.00 a day, and worth every single penny, my house is always spotless.