What do you love/hate about the Matinee?

I love the shape of Matinee. I was looking for the perfect satchel...(I thought MAM was too boxy for me at first) and found the matinee. Also love the pockets.. and of course the Tassels

I love // old school hw, long tassels, the uniqueness, the hidden space (this bag is SO spacious) the great shoulder drop, the quality of leather, the versatility, the size (I'm 5'8") You really can fit so much in this bag and have it not even look near full, the side compartments are massive and very useful for things you don't take out often such as femmie things, ipod (never take it out at work but love to have it with me in case)

PIC // open and lovely full of space and deliciousness!
3310318875_327fdcf37b.jpg

I hate // I hate that when I wear it, I can't stare and drool at it cause it's out of my sight. JK...somewhat, I do kinda wish the top opened more but I'd deal with it forever, and plan to, once I drop it down the crook of my arm there is zero issue.

if you're unsure and need more piccies my reveal thread is here with lots of pics.http://forum.purseblog.com/rm-reveal-dark-grey-matinee-image-heavy-429511.html

I'm loving the size and shape of the matinee!

I have quick question that another matinee fan might be able to confirm....
Do the older matinees normally have floppy, disconnected handles?
I was able to compare an old and new matinee, and the handles on the older style looked like there was some tube in the handle that didn't go all the way to the base, making it floppy. If you have owned an older matinee, have you sent it in for handle reinforcement so that it's stiff and sturdy like the new ones??

^My matinee has NOT needed to be sent in for handle reinforcement and I've used it constantly for about 2 years now. I don't know about others. I think the handle issue was more common on the MAs?

Pros:

-Stylish
-Unique
-Flaps (when i have the flaps up i always get a lot of attention from strangers and non-bag obsessed friends)

Cons:
-Sometimes when u need to put it down in a restaurant or something, it's hard to find a place to keep it (cause obviously the floor is not an option for most). With a lot of other bags you can find a way to prop it on your chair, leg, maybe even part of the table...but my Mattie is always causing me trouble cause of the size and shape.

-It can easily get heavy if you over stuff it.

But I still love the design too much even with the cons to give it up.

I love Mattie! It holds a lot and the shallow depth & many pockets make it easy to put your hand on things! And a nice comfy strap drop. #3 People always compliment me on it-- even men!

Con: length can be unwieldly-- knocking into things/people. A bit heavy too.