What do you love about your Balenciaga bag?

Harpertoo

O.G.
Feb 5, 2013
Hi,
I'm trying to find a new bag and break out of my mostly black structured styles....
I'm looking at a Chloe Paraty or a Balenciaga Part Time.
Can you tell me what you love about the Balenciagas? It looks very casual and easy to wear...and I want something a bit different from my usual stlyle.

I don't currently have a Balenciaga or Chloe. I currently rotate between Hermes, LV, Fendi, & Mulberry...or get lazy & just grab my wallet!

I love the colours, the fact they are still 'under the radar', the smooshy leathers, that the handles fit over my shoulder (not true for everyone/all styles, I know), also the outside pocket - I can get to my keys, phone and travelcard without having to open the main body of the bag. Ooh, and that they seem timeless, they haven't dated at all.
Are you enabled yet? :graucho:

I love the colours, the fact they are still 'under the radar', the smooshy leathers, that the handles fit over my shoulder (not true for everyone/all styles, I know), also the outside pocket - I can get to my keys, phone and travelcard without having to open the main body of the bag. Ooh, and that they seem timeless, they haven't dated at all.
Are you enabled yet? :graucho:

I am feeling quite enabled - thanks for the aid!

The array of colors have definitely caught my eye...and the bags lack that sort of overly precious quality.....

I love the way it looks, hangs, feels (soft yet structured). I also like that it doesn't scream what it is. I like the variety of colors you can find. I am only on my first (a Velo), but I can see more in my future! Go to a shop and play with them, then you'll see :smile:

The brilliance of these bags is that they are structured and unstructured at the same time. Speaking of the City or First as the iconic forms, these bags maintain a specific form while being carried but will morph to your body. The stay rectangular but the width will change depending on what you put inside. This is great because it interferes with your outfit much less that a stiff structured bag.
The unstructured nature allows the leather to continue on its smusshy, soft velvety gain, and the leather is malleable to begin with. Not that stiff hard leather that usually comes with classic structured bags.

A huge thing is its weight. It is THE lightest bag ever made, I think. Yes, the leather can be on the thin side, and the interior is plain, thankfully, but I would take that any day to these heavy bags. Besides, when have you ever seen one of these bags tear? I have all oldies and there is not even a hint of this. I'm sure it has happened in the decade since its debut but it is rare ..... so stop worrying about this. Also, I don't want some fascist designing the interior with all kinds of pockets and dividers telling me where to put stuff. I prefer a big open space where I can roam free (and put expensive coin purses and wallets).

It is a highly functional bag as well as it is one of the most easily accessed bags around. I never zip it so it’s in and out in a flash.

Then it has many different carriage possibilities. By arm, hand and shoulder, by strap or handle (but barely by handle…could I have just half an inch more?)

And finally, its adaptability. Unlike any other bag, the classic RH City can change its personality with a few maneuvers. I love this bag when it all hangs out…tassels, strap hanging below etc. It’s cool and free-spirited. (On a side note…the vertically of the tassel aids in the elongation of the body…a thread I have been considering “ how I make myself appear taller” may be forthcoming).
THEN……if you tuck in the side tassels, remove the front tassel and replace with a discrete and preferably metal or jeweled dangling thing, take off the strap and carry in the crook of the arm, viola!! You now have a bag to take to tea! (If someone forces you to do that)

Sounds like I work for Balenciaga…but actually I can’t stand that company. Who do they think they are, Hermes?

maxxout,
You sound less like a Balenciaga employee and more like an opinionated stylist....which is completely redundant and meant with admiration and affection.

I think you've made a good case. And I have a bag to buy.
Thanks.

I own both a Paraty and a G21 Bal Giant City. If I bad to choose between a Paraty and MY Bal then I would choose my Bal any day. But if it was between the Paraty and either a regular or G12 Bal then it would be the Paraty...I'm a diehard G21 girl!

Bals are lighter and most definitely more easily-accessible on the move than a Paraty. They can be dressed up or down, they look good with whatever you're wearing. I can't really imagine slumming it in jeans, a sweater and my Paraty. Despite being less blingy than my Bal, the Paraty is somehow not as casual!

Bear in mind that some Bal colours suffer with fading issues and a light colour will more than likely suffer with colour transfer if you're wearing dark denim. The delicate nature of the lamb skin leather makes them more prone to this.

But ultimately, they're both amazing bags! Maybe eventually you can have both!