What do you love about your Balenciaga bag?

maxxout,
You sound less like a Balenciaga employee and more like an opinionated stylist....which is completely redundant and meant with admiration and affection.

I think you've made a good case. And I have a bag to buy.
Thanks.
maxxout, totally agree with harpertoo, but would to add a woman with exceptional taste, wicked sense of humour and a way with words that I admire!

Where to begin?

The quality of the bags are far superior than any other designer. I've tried all the high end bags and always end up disappointed and return to my beloved bal bags. The design and detailing is subtle and classic with a hint of edginess.

When I die I want to come back as a vintage bal
Bag, smelling good, smooshy, sleek and lightweight (he-he)!

You won't ever go back once you try one bag!

maxxout,
You sound less like a Balenciaga employee and more like an opinionated stylist....which is completely redundant and meant with admiration and affection.

I think you've made a good case. And I have a bag to buy.
Thanks.

Hi H!
Well you hit the nail on the head. I am more opinionated and bossy than you can imagine. Or maybe you could.
But wouldn't it be fun to be a stylist? I would love that. Hard to imagine anyone wanting my "help"' but if they did.........:smile::wave::thinking::biggrin:

Here is my big idea about modifying a City. You guys probably already do this.
There goes my stylist consulting business.

The last one has the broach and the tassels.......because we can have it all.

sometimes
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065593&stc=1&d=1360885366

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065594&stc=1&d=1360885411

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065595&stc=1&d=1360885462

Attachments

• PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 608
  • PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 589
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 554
Each bag is completely unique, no two are ever alike,or will break in exactly alike. Thus each bag will have their own personality leather wise.

Colors will vary from dye lot as well.

Leathers vary from season to season.

The colors are never exactly the same.

Keeps us obsessed and always hunting for the perfect, elusive bag.

For me, I love how I'm carrying a $1500 bag on the subway and streets of NYC and it doesn't exactly attract thieves! I'm not a walking logo for a fashion house and I love that.

Ditto! The only looks that I get are from fellow Bagaholics and I KNOW that stare coz I do the same! lol. :cool:

Hahaha, I'm so glad im not the only one. The first thing I notice on anyone is their bags. I can spot a Bal more than any other bags a mile away.

I'm drawn to Bals due to their edginess. I know everywhere on the net and every fashion blogger has one, but I personally don't know anyone who has one. So for me, there's that exclusivity. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who love bags, and they own LV's, Chanels, Miu Miu's etc, but none of them have Bals.

Though i'm not into Bals cos I feel like I need to be different from the people I know. I just genuinely love them and I honestly can't even explain it. They fit me, my style and my lifestyle. The colours of the bags are also whats attracted me.

I love the way it looks, hangs, feels (soft yet structured). I also like that it doesn't scream what it is. I like the variety of colors you can find. I am only on my first (a Velo), but I can see more in my future! Go to a shop and play with them, then you'll see :smile:
I love that too !

Lightweight - great leather and NO LOGOS!
Exactly !

1. The leather, for sure! The texture, feel, and distressing are very unique.
2. Colors.
3. Tassels! :supacool:

:yes::yes::heart:

The brilliance of these bags is that they are structured and unstructured at the same time. Speaking of the City or First as the iconic forms, these bags maintain a specific form while being carried but will morph to your body. The stay rectangular but the width will change depending on what you put inside. This is great because it interferes with your outfit much less that a stiff structured bag.
The unstructured nature allows the leather to continue on its smusshy, soft velvety gain, and the leather is malleable to begin with. Not that stiff hard leather that usually comes with classic structured bags.

A huge thing is its weight. It is THE lightest bag ever made, I think. Yes, the leather can be on the thin side, and the interior is plain, thankfully, but I would take that any day to these heavy bags. Besides, when have you ever seen one of these bags tear? I have all oldies and there is not even a hint of this. I'm sure it has happened in the decade since its debut but it is rare ..... so stop worrying about this. Also, I don't want some fascist designing the interior with all kinds of pockets and dividers telling me where to put stuff. I prefer a big open space where I can roam free (and put expensive coin purses and wallets).

It is a highly functional bag as well as it is one of the most easily accessed bags around. I never zip it so it’s in and out in a flash.

Then it has many different carriage possibilities. By arm, hand and shoulder, by strap or handle (but barely by handle…could I have just half an inch more?)

And finally, its adaptability. Unlike any other bag, the classic RH City can change its personality with a few maneuvers. I love this bag when it all hangs out…tassels, strap hanging below etc. It’s cool and free-spirited. (On a side note…the vertically of the tassel aids in the elongation of the body…a thread I have been considering “ how I make myself appear taller” may be forthcoming).
THEN……if you tuck in the side tassels, remove the front tassel and replace with a discrete and preferably metal or jeweled dangling thing, take off the strap and carry in the crook of the arm, viola!! You now have a bag to take to tea! (If someone forces you to do that)

Sounds like I work for Balenciaga…but actually I can’t stand that company. Who do they think they are, Hermes?
Maxxout,thank you ! Great thoughts and a wonderful humor :love:
The "tea-thing" makes me :lolots:

Hi H!
Well you hit the nail on the head. I am more opinionated and bossy than you can imagine. Or maybe you could.
But wouldn't it be fun to be a stylist? I would love that. Hard to imagine anyone wanting my "help"' but if they did.........:smile::wave::thinking::biggrin:

Here is my big idea about modifying a City. You guys probably already do this.
There goes my stylist consulting business.

The last one has the broach and the tassels.......because we can have it all.

sometimes
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065593&stc=1&d=1360885366

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065594&stc=1&d=1360885411

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065595&stc=1&d=1360885462

LOVE the insect addition!