Scarves What do you love about wearing H scarves?

altho every reason can be linked to different scarves/shawls, I am very much same here on the quick dress-up! I would typically change tops cuz my comfy-home tees are usually graphic, tie a scarf, and take on the world.
H Logic: save time & money on RTW—buy scarves. of course, today’s 90 costs what office suit cost me in 1985.

So true. I really pause and consider when spending that on a blouse or pants anywhere else, but it’s like normal financial physics don’t apply when I walk in the door at H. There, I think of scarves as a “bargain.” :angel:

That looks fantastic! All of those. But I am totally stealing the turtleneck look. :smile: I’m not sure I can pull off a 90 though under a close-fitting turtle. I wonder if it would look too bulky? Hmmm...
I must admit, that first pic was a non Hermes which is a little less bulky (don't shoot me). Anyway, a few pics with a 90. The "under" is tricky to get right, but where there's a will! I think the "over" works better here.
IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3054.jpg

I must admit, that first pic was a non Hermes which is a little less bulky (don't shoot me). Anyway, a few pics with a 90. The "under" is tricky to get right, but where there's a will! I think the "over" works better here.
View attachment 4572598 View attachment 4572599
Love how H keeps me humble!
I’ve been watching demos of wearing scarves over/under turtlenecks...thinking oh, this is cute, pretty...but I would never need to do that....too swiftly spoken, I learned, once arrived the new swing-T turtlenecks for winter. Not only are the bottoms loose and roomy—so are the turtlenecks seeking to be cowl necks.
I be working y’all’s best practices now, thank you!

Reactions: Etriers and Langsam
I am also a "scarf clothes" fan. I retired two years ago, but the last couple of years at work, I limited my wardroble to solid color trousers and short sleeve sweaters in a variety of solid colors and then I accessorized with H scarves. I quickly realized this was a great way to be well-dressed and not look like everyone else.

My favorite brands are Vince and Piazza Sempione for pants and Lafayette 148 and Eileen Fisher for the sweaters. I also love the short sleeve cardigan that Akris Punto puts out with some regularity. Because I live in a hot/humid climate, I frequently wear tee shirts under my the cardigan, rather than another sweater.

Attachments

• 4C72C6B4-2CF3-4EE5-9D8D-856DF1048D16.jpeg
    4C72C6B4-2CF3-4EE5-9D8D-856DF1048D16.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 7A453106-E559-48D8-9653-D8F5717E37AF.jpeg
    7A453106-E559-48D8-9653-D8F5717E37AF.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 169
  • D8EF803E-EC7D-46DE-AAD7-A3B7CE8CEDF0.jpeg
    D8EF803E-EC7D-46DE-AAD7-A3B7CE8CEDF0.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I am also a "scarf clothes" fan. I retired two years ago, but the last couple of years at work, I limited my wardroble to solid color trousers and short sleeve sweaters in a variety of solid colors and then I accessorized with H scarves. I quickly realized this was a great way to be well-dressed and not look like everyone else.

My favorite brands are Vince and Piazza Sempione for pants and Lafayette 148 and Eileen Fisher for the sweaters. I also love the short sleeve cardigan that Akris Punto puts out with some regularity. Because I live in a hot/humid climate, I frequently wear tee shirts under my the cardigan, rather than another sweater.
Wow, you hit on such a chic style! Love all three looks, especially the pink cardigan with the belt. Great way to make the scarves the focal point of your outfit :smile: