What do you live without so that you can fund your addiction?

I have no designer stores near me (closest is 2 hours away) and unless I find a really good deal online I buy. So I save all my money till I make a trip and go all out. I try to budget for one main big item each month and seems to work out, keeping me happy and debt free :smile:

So... I got my first pair last month. a week later my second.
I see at LEAST 4 more pairs I "Tooootally NEEEED" and so my first condo which I have been renting out since I bought a new house with my bf has been on the market since last week and I just received and accepted a really good offer. I have planned out exactly how I will allot part of my sale gains... [cough cough-more CL's!!!!]

Last edited:
I don't feel I really give up anything for CLs. Well, on 2nd thought, I'd probably have my own home a little sooner if I never developed a liking for them. However, I still think my own home is within reach within the next couple of years. I consider that an accomplishment, since I live in SoCal and still am in my early 30s.

I still save, pay all my bills on time, go out to eat (I eat both fast and fine foods) and on trips, drive a pretty nice car, and wear nice clothes. I never buy any clothing item at full retail anymore. I go to department store last markdown and designer sample sales, so I can still pick up really nice pieces for 70-80% off. I'm also not into styles that are trendy, so I can wear them for years to come. I used to buy designer jeans at full retail, justifying that I wear them a lot, but it's easy to find even those at outlets or places like Nordstrom Rack. Also, since coveted shoe styles (like those made by CL) get snapped up quickly (particularly in a 38), I set aside more money for those and buy clothes with what's left. I'm also content with my handbag collection, so I haven't bought a new one in about 2 years (I never thought I'd ever say that, but it's true!). I also don't spend much on entertainment. I don't drink much and rarely go to the movies or have to pay for concerts or sporting event tickets.
Are we twins? :biggrin: I'm the exact same way even down to getting upset when I can't find a coupon code for something I'm buying online...I buy things seasons behind and hoard them until the season comes around again....

hmmm i want to say that I cut down on buying bags... (well other than the recent chanel due to price increase impulse buy)

I cut down on buying other shoes, since i only buy CLs now? HEHEHE

I use to think that i can cut coffee out of my life but starbucks is like my crack.. i can't cut that part.. t hat's probably a good 25 - 35 bucks a week sigh..

I do cut lunch sometimes though.. cup a noodle!