What do you live without so that you can fund your addiction?

heatherB

I no longer live for luxe, but it is pretty fun!
O.G.
May 30, 2010
We will probably have some fun with this thread; but in all reality, I'm interested because I'm trying to be more financially responsible. I won't give up CLs, but I will think about other things I can give up so I feel less guilty.

So, where do you ladies cut corners to have more money for CLs?

LH405

Banned and Bad!
Apr 10, 2010
Let's see...I work from home so I don't have to pay 5 dollars a day for my commute. I rarely go to local concerts or clubs, and go out for drinks about once a month or less. I don't smoke either -phew - that can be expensive these days! I eat at home most of the time instead of going out. I sell clothes and shoes and stuff I don't use on fleabay from time to time, and I work lots of OT when its available too!

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
I haven't bought a bag in months, I used to only buy LV and now that I've been buying CLs I haven't had money for LV. I did buy 2 pair of sunglasses in the past 6 months and the DBF bought me a bag, but I didn't fund any bags myself. I've also given up buying pretty much anything else expensive ie an ipad that I've been eyeing for a while now. I still go out to eat very often and spend money elsewhere, just not on fashion items other than CLs.

erinmiyu

queen of kitsch
Jun 29, 2007
i don't know that i give up anything per se, but i'm pretty frugal (outside of shoes obviously). my car is very modest, we have $10/mo basic cable, etc. but for the most part i try to balance things out. if there is a pair i want and it seems a bit unreasonable at the moment, i will sell other shoes/clothes so i can make it happen and really think about which item i "need".

slpceline

O.G.
Nov 1, 2009
I don't like coffee, so I've never had a Starbucks coffee/latte/frappamacchino in my life. I know plenty of my classmates in university who used to drink two a day. At 8 bucks apiece, that makes nearly $6000 a year (i.e. *lots* of CL's!) And I don't even have to give up anything I like!
(P.S. That's what I usually reply if I get asked how I can justify spending so much money on a pair of shoes.)

LoubyLady

Jun 24, 2009
I don't feel I sacrifice anything, but I am really careful with money. I've never bought CLs retail, only on eBay, and I've been so lucky hunting down bargains that I've never paid more than £100 for a pair, all authenticated right here and some of them even BNIB!

jenayb

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Absolutely nothing. I don't believe in giving up items in order to attain others.

I don't deprive myself of anything in order to afford luxury items, per se, but there are certain things that I *choose* to live without, not that I "give up."

CMP86

Mommy to Edmund!
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
I don't give up anything. If I really want something I set my heart on it and I save up for it and get it. We still go out to movies, dinner and of course the soccer games. It just takes me longer to get the shoes as I have to save and move money around to be able to get them.

Nhu Nhu

Jul 18, 2008
FOOD! LOL... all joking aside, I tend to give up going out nowadays. My DBF and I just stay in and cook, which is a nice change for us. In regards to buying CLs, I usually buy them second hand, at consignment stores, or during the sale season. Also, I'm open to selling some of my CLs that I don't wear very often to fund for new ones.

chelleybelley

shoes, music, etc...
Feb 9, 2009
I give up my sanity. :lol: I'm not so sure I give up anything (even though I should), but lately, I have been only buying for love, not for sale... and letting go of pairs I don't wear in exchange for shoes that am head over heels for.

cts900

Deeply In Love
O.G.
Aug 22, 2009
I posted in the other thread linked by crazzee (BTW, from the old thread: kett.....I think I need to move to Utah! SoCal has NOT been nursing-friendly for me!)

We have given up restaurants (with rare exception) and do all of our drinking at home. Coffee and liquor out? No thanks. I can buy soooooo many CLs with that cash!!!!!! :P

Plus, this is my only expensive habit. I do not buy designer cothes or handbags. I am okay ;).

heatherB

I no longer live for luxe, but it is pretty fun!
O.G.
May 30, 2010
all my fun money has been going to CLs...I'm trying to go back to finding that balance.

BTW: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/what-do-would-you-give-up-your-cls-572795.html

Sorry I didn't catch this....

Like a lot of you, I definitely feel like I spend a lot (ok, all) of my fun/entertainment budget CLs and a select few other designer items. Then I feel like I have to stay in all the time and no one gets to see my shoes :tdown:
I would wear them just to the mall, but know I can't go to the mall without finding temptation. It's truly an addiction.