What do you like about hermes?

Today, I had to add to this thread...I love how Hermes can make us ladies so happy. Look at these recent purchases...we are buying from them and look how happy the owners and admirers are on this forum.

We are all so Hermes happy!

I love my SA and store manager! They are super nice and friendly. I don't buy a lot of stuff, but every time I'm there, they always take the time to talk to me and "hint" what's coming. I also enjoy the free espresso/tea/water once in a while! And of course, my champagne when I bought my fuschia Kelly!

I couldn't agree more. I've got a few small pieces in the leather, a sterling keyring and two scarves, and it's all beautifully made. The enamel bracelets are also wonderful. They have a high standard of quality, and they make sure that claim can always be made.q

coco-nut said:
Craftsmanship.

No one else has the quality of craftsmanship that Hermes does.

Craftmanship and quality for their bags are currently the best imo, also love the color choices they offer. I'm also a big fan of their scarves. I never shopped there because of how elusive their bags are though, I mainly get them when I travel to Europe and treat it as a surprised souvenir when I do get offer one. :P

Reactions: etoile de mer
I like Hermès because they not only produce high quality products they are risk takers and innovators:
Examples? employing JPG and Margiela as design directors despite both being avant garde as opposed to 'safe' choices.
Petit H..what a brilliant idea to reduce waste and its another example of the house thinking outside the box in terms of design.
Le Monde Hermes is I believe the first of the Luxury brand in-house magazines
Finally the brand shows humour and originality in everything from The advertising campaigns to packaging ...The annual ribbon designs, The "piano keyboard' limited edition lipstick packaging...
I'm sure there's other things I could list.
I dont find Hermès stuffy or dated EVER!

I like Hermes because it is timeless, chic & forever. From RTW to shoes to cashmere/silk shawls
& everything in between, it is top quality & overall refinement. It's obvious the thought & research
that goes into the intro of new products.
And there is no other company that has a range of colors like Hermes..it's like your special rainbow 24/7
especially if your handbag is chock full of H accessories

Last edited:
Agree with everything everyone has said (quality/service) but also wanted to add: this might be a bit weird but I really like the doormen. It could be store-specific (SF), but every time I've gone in, the doormen are just the friendliest and the funniest people I've ever met. Like the moment you walk into the store, you have a great experience, and it starts with the doormen.