What do you ladies do with your bags after the Patina turns very dark?

1. Just curious, do you ladies keep the bag after the Patina turns pretty dark or sell it on ebay. Do you buy the style again just to get a lighter Patina?

I have a Tivoli GM and have had her for 3 years. Even though I haven't worn her too much, her patina is already quite dark!! I'm very sad because I like it in honey color but now that it's dark, i want to sell it. But not sure if should because if I sold her, I like the bag enough that I would buy another one.

Do you ladies ever sell your bag because of Patina, and then spend the $$$ to buy the exact same bag again? Ummm......

2. I know alot of us have different definitions of "Dark" maybe if you post pics perhaps?
    I have a Tivoli PM and love her to pieces :smile: so i know what you mean.
    Maybe you can try the Lovin My Bags products to clean her up a bit maybe?
    May e some of the darkness maybe dirt?
    If you love the bag and its still pretty good. Id wear it out till i needed a new one. :smile:

3. Dark patina is still okay for me, as long as it doesnt look almost black-ish or dirty looking...
    If i really love the design/ style of the bag, i would either buy a new one of the same style or have the vachetta replaced/ repaired at LV store

4. When my speedy handles got super dark I replaced them. They looked really bad, so I decided that was the best thing to do. But I don't mind dark vachetta, unless it looks dirty like my speedy did.

5. My bag looks like this. In real life it's slightly lighter due to lighting. I live in HK so the humidity doesn't help with Patina process or the sweaty hands!! I really like this bag. Dunno if I should get another one!!!! It feels like such a waste. I heard that getting lv to replace the vachette is pretty expensive.

image-4014230695.jpg

6. You can buy Login My Bags product to clean up the handles, but I think it looks beautiful.

7. The patina of your bag is still nice :smile:

8. I mean Lovin My Bags. Darn spellcheck! Ugh.

9. how much did it cost to replace them?

10. Oh ok! I will give that a shot. I tried the mr.Clean + Apple conditioner on part of the Vachette and it did nothing but dry it up. So I will give this a shot!

Thanks!

11. I paid £70 last year, but that was just the handles and I left the rest. I thought that the handles would eventually catch up with the rest of the vachetta. The patina is still not even but I don't mind, it doesn't look too weird.

12. #12 Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Personally, I like how it looks. But if you don't, sell it and get a new one.There is a lot of leather on the Tivoli GM so it would probably cost enough to make it worth going new. I'd rather keep that bag for rougher weather and buy a new bag.

13. I like the way the Patina looks, but to clean up vachetta I would just try a product, as opposed to selling the bag or repairing just yet.

14. I really like the patina. IMO it looks gorgeous. May be you can just clean the handles and it will look great.

15. Hmm, I think a dark patina is gorgeous on Monogram. You can always get the leather replaced instead of buying a whole new bag! Good luck! =)