what do you guys think?!

I'm not a Chanel expert, but I would say that it looks sufficiently different, so as not to be considered a knock-off. :yes:

Chanel don't have the exclusive rights to chain straps and quilted leather. Actually, I think the way the leather is quilted, is more reminiscent of Marc Jacobs. :yes:

I like it, BTW! :biggrin:

No. It is a fake.

All Authentic Chanel knockoffs have the full shoulder chain, without that little piece in the middle interrupting it.

i don't think she thinks it is a chanel...she said in her orig. post that it's by alfani & just wanted to make sure it didn't look like a fake chanel.

sweet_pees: i think it's really cute, esp. for the price, and i think it looks very different than a chanel. i wouldn't worry!

No. It is a fake.

All Authentic Chanel knockoffs have the full shoulder chain, without that little piece in the middle interrupting it.

It's a fake what, exactly? It's an Alfani handbag, sold at Macy's. It's not being sold or represented as a Chanel, so it cannot be a fake Chanel. So just exactly how is it a "fake"?

And what is an "Authentic Chanel knockoff"? Phrased that way, it sounds like you are saying there are "authentic" as in "official" knockoffs, and you can tell they are "authentic" by a full shoulder chain. Which is just silly.

As for the bag itself, I think it's very nice and I don't think anyone will think it's a Chanel knockoff. It might remind someone of Chanel...but most quilted bags do and there's nothing wrong with that. I say go for it!

And what is an "Authentic Chanel knockoff"? Phrased that way, it sounds like you are saying there are "authentic" as in "official" knockoffs, and you can tell they are "authentic" by a full shoulder chain. Which is just silly.

I assume that, if there was such a thing, an authentic Chanel knockoff would be a replica bag that closely resembled, but didn't claim to be Chanel.

Therefore, the differences between this bag and the 'authentic Chanel knockoff' would make this one a bad fake of the knockoff.

My brain hurts a little... :Push: