What do you guys think of this bezel pendant idea?

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Stats:
18K Yellow gold BEZEL EAST WEST setting
Marquise diamond
2.02 Ratio Marquise
D / SI1
7.20 x 3.57 x 2.20 mm
.33 Carats
Very Good cut
Chain 15.5" so it's close to the middle of the collar bone

Attachments

• Marquise Pendant.jpg
    Marquise Pendant.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,974
I think it's pretty and it's an interesting idea ( I always think east/west configurations are unique looking), but I think it looks like an eye. Also, I think the culet would poke and get annoying after awhile.

i think what would bother me the most about this pendant is the possibility of the diamond flipping up all the time. i had a bezel diamond pendant that my mom gave me several years ago and i couldn't stand how it would always flip up. it was so annoying that i finally took the diamond out and had it put into my old e-ring (it was my grandmother's diamond RB).

not crazy about the chain either. i personally like something a little more subtle. this one is too prominent.

I like it, but I must confess that I've become obsessed with E-W marquis since seeing catherine zeta jones' e-ring. the thing that would bother me about it is that it's fixed to the chain. I think it's the right look with this stone, but it drives me bananas when the necklace starts moving around my neck. I feel that a pendant on a bail is more likely to stay centered.

I like the look of it but I have a feeling an E/W set marquis would be sideways with the diamonds table looking up at your chin all the time. I dont think it would sit properly in this sort of design. i'm still voting for the pear shaped necklace that is gorgeous and has me wanting one too!

I have a DBTY (Whiteflash) with all different sizes of diamonds. It never "pokes" me.

It is 36" long and the diamond go all the way around. I can double it and I still do not
ever feel the backs of the diamonds.

I like your idea. I think it would be different and elegant.

I really like the idea but as soon as I saw it, I think it will be a 'flipping' nightmare (literally :smile:). I would have to play with it before purchasing - maybe take it 'on approval' or at least with the idea that it could definitely be returned with money back option.

I don't like the marquise, I prefer the pear shape you mentioned in another thread. As for poking, I have a couple of DBTY necklace from my jeweller and they do poke (though not irritating). I tried on another necklace that was less "pokey" because the pavilion was entire wrapped by the bezel. Personally I like less metal so I don't care about it poking.

Pendants like this can be set so that they do not flip. It is a question of the placement of the d-rings. I have a heart diamond set similarly and it does not flip.
Some like the marquise shape and some don't. It does not look like an eye to me. I don't know that it would poke since the sharp points would not be directly on your neck. The questions are, do you like it? Have you seen it on you? and, if you are not sure, is there a good return policy (no questions asked, reasonable amount of time?)
It would be unusual. do you go for the unusual/unique or are you one who prefers to wear what everyone else is wearing? There is no right or wrong answer to this question, nothing is wrong with either personality type but it's good to know who you are and what you will end up liking.
Best of luck deciding. I think this could be gorgeous and flattering but cannot tell you if YOU will like it.

black jade - this would be a custom piece so there's no return policy. I "saw" a picture of it in my head, like a horizontal "rice" that just sparkled.

I do like to keep it unique so I'm not afraid of not liking it. If it doesn't flip, I'm sure I will like it because of it's uniqueness.

I wonder how I should position the d rings. I'd love to talk to my jeweler about this some more.