What do you guys think of the J'adior shoes?! Are they formal or casual?

I just bought these shoes last week in the black fabric and my main hope was to wear this when hubs and I go on dates or if I go have brunch with my girlfriends. I wouldn't wear these at work because I work in a lab and those aren't lab appropriate. These are fun and feminine and the heel is unique and easier to walk in for me. These are social gathering shoes for me.

If you like the style, maybe wait it out a bit and see if they come up with a not so obvious ribbon, maybe a black on black heel is in the future. I don't like a lot of CD clothing mainly because it will have CHRISTIAN DIOR right up front for everyone to see.

That's not a bad thought. Yes i think i wouldn't mind wearing it to social gatherings and casual everyday styles like meeting a friend or going out for shopping. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: saban and 880
I adore J’adior shoes :biggrin: So much so that I have 10 pairs — 9 flats, 1kitten heel. They’re pretty and they’re the most straight-out-of-the-box comfortable shoes I’ve gotten the last few years. I wear them casually, even to work — even ID version with my name embroidered on the strap. That said, I would not wear these to an interview. As a rule, I don’t wear any logos to any interview.

@Sophie2021 there are J’adior styles with more discreet straps. And there have been lots of similar shoes that other designers have put out — although not as comfortable as the Diors to me.

I adore J’adior shoes :biggrin: So much so that I have 10 pairs — 9 flats, 1kitten heel. They’re pretty and they’re the most straight-out-of-the-box comfortable shoes I’ve gotten the last few years. I wear them casually, even to work — even ID version with my name embroidered on the strap. That said, I would not wear these to an interview. As a rule, I don’t wear any logos to any interview.

@Sophie2021 there are J’adior styles with more discreet straps. And there have been lots of similar shoes that other designers have put out — although not as comfortable as the Diors to me.
That was very helpful! I think I am a bit naive still on what designer wear I should wear at interviews hence all my questions! I think I might purchase these and wear them out of work hours :smile:

Reactions: 880
What do you guys think of these shoes? Do you think they can be worn to work or do you think they're more casual?
J'adior heels goes well both in casual and formal. It matches a dress, skirt or a pants you can dress it up or down! It's a reco for me cos you really get what you pay for overall it's a classy staple piece!
:tup:

Reactions: Sophie2021

wow, what a collection !! if you had to choose one, would you choose the black technical fabric, patent leather, or regular leather (idk if they even make these ones anymore, i don't see it on the site) ? been leaning towards the fabric ones but just wanted another opinion ! haha

and i agree with what most are saying in this thread @Sophie2021 ! definitely would wear these out like on date nights, casual days with the girls, etc. but i wouldn't see myself wearing these in the workplace, but again definitely depends on what your workplace environment is like as well

Reactions: 880
wow, what a collection !! if you had to choose one, would you choose the black technical fabric, patent leather, or regular leather (idk if they even make these ones anymore, i don't see it on the site) ? been leaning towards the fabric ones but just wanted another opinion ! haha

and i agree with what most are saying in this thread @Sophie2021 ! definitely would wear these out like on date nights, casual days with the girls, etc. but i wouldn't see myself wearing these in the workplace, but again definitely depends on what your workplace environment is like as well

The J'adior fabric is consistently more comfortable than patent or regular leather. The leather versions feel slightly more narrow - maybe Dior accounted for more stretch from the leather. I don't have the patience to break shoes in nowadays :biggrin: So if I have to pick one pair of black J'adior between technical fabric, patent leather, or normal leather, i would choose the technical fabric.

Last edited:

Thank you! I think everyone has convinced me to leave these as more personal/casual wear than at work which i am comfortable with (I still want a pair!) I was leaning towards fabric too but as soon as I saw the patent leather ones it was soooo shiny, I couldn't resist! The patent ones are definitely on the website.