What do you guys think of Kelly Stretch....

Hey fellow TPFers! I'd really appreciate if you can give me some advice. :biggrin: I am thinking of getting a Kelly Stretch in Black with palladium hardware as a present for a guy friend.

Do you think he'd like it? Well, I know he likes the Kelly Double Tour, but simply refuses to wear it because an SA in George V told him that it's only for women. I'm thinking that the Kelly Stretch would definitely suit him, and with the Kelly turn-lock, it will fulfil his "I really want a KDT, but absolutely refuse to wear one because it's for women" dreams...

Please keep the comments coming!!!! and thank you in advance :smile:

I would want one as well..............Regarding KDT, I do not see it as a female item only ............

Thanks sydspy for the really quick reply.

No offence intended to all the KDT-loving guys! It's just that this friend of mine is a bit.... haha, stubborn? I've seen so many guys who can carry it off so well, and it most definitely it's not a women-only item!!! But since it's his birthday, I do want to get him something that he will wear, and not put at home to admire!

So, guys... continue rocking it :nuts: ... (and ignore my friend's obviously a bit skewed opinions)

Thanks sydspy for the really quick reply.

No offence intended to all the KDT-loving guys! It's just that this friend of mine is a bit.... haha, stubborn? I've seen so many guys who can carry it off so well, and it most definitely it's not a women-only item!!! But since it's his birthday, I do want to get him something that he will wear, and not put at home to admire!

So, guys... continue rocking it :nuts: ... (and ignore my friend's obviously a bit skewed opinions)

No offence taken dear.............

What if you bought him a Kelly stretch and someone commented that it is supposed to be for female only?.......... perhaps you should take him to H and let him choose for himself dear.........IMHO.........;)

Honestly, both bracelets are gorgeous (especially the combination you have chosen - I love how the palladium stands out from the black!) and I can imagine them working well with anyone. I had no idea the KDT was "women only" until now but regardless, I think I like the look of the Kelly Stretch on a guy a tad better. Just my two cents. :tup:

I think the stretch looks better on a guy. The KDT is quite small so anyone would need rather small wrists to be able to get it on, where the stretch has a little more room.

I like both styles, but think the stretch is the best of the two for a guy.

Oh and that silly SA needs putting in her place regarding what is "for women only." Would she tell Marc Jacobs that the Birkin isnt for him? And the Kelly Lakis was designed for a man, would she refuse that? *sigh*

What does a kelly stretch look like?

Here is "Kelly Stretch" beautifully stacked in between CDC and Cape Cod DT on MCC's wrist.........

attachment.php

No offence taken dear.............

What if you bought him a Kelly stretch and someone commented that it is supposed to be for female only?.......... perhaps you should take him to H and let him choose for himself dear.........IMHO.........;)

thank you all of you ((: your comments are much appreciated!

@ sydspy, hehe that was a really good suggestion! I might just do that :graucho: In any case, I hope that if both of us make a trip to Hermes, it'll be the Kelly Stretch that he picks... and then perhaps, I can do a reveal :biggrin: maybe I might be tempted to pick up a Clic-Clac or Rivale myself :P (Oh the power of Hermes...)

p.s. MCC really has the most gorgeous "arm"candy!!! :yahoo:

I think the stretch looks better on a guy. The KDT is quite small so anyone would need rather small wrists to be able to get it on, where the stretch has a little more room.

I like both styles, but think the stretch is the best of the two for a guy.

Oh and that silly SA needs putting in her place regarding what is "for women only." Would she tell Marc Jacobs that the Birkin isnt for him? And the Kelly Lakis was designed for a man, would she refuse that? *sigh*

Hehehe, I had to stifle a giggle while reading this. The next time I go to George V, I might just ask for a KDT as "a present for a guy" to see if I can locate the SA who said that :P

LOL @ littlemissmafia!! But I agree, I'm intrigued an SA at George V would say that! What a silly SA. A guy friend of mine have a KDT and he carries it well. Definitely doesn't look out of place on a guy at all!