What do you guys think about Mulberry Bayswater bag?

I think it's a really nice looking bag...very Hermes, but without the price tag! I am a huge Balenciaga fan, but I can see where this would also be a classic, non-trendy bag that you could carry forever. I say get this one AND a B-bag!

ETenebris said:
I think it's a really nice looking bag...very Hermes, but without the price tag! I am a huge Balenciaga fan, but I can see where this would also be a classic, non-trendy bag that you could carry forever. I say get this one AND a B-bag!

My thoughts exactly! I have both a bayswater and some bbags, and love them in different ways. The bayswater is a true classic, imo, and a bag you will carry forever. I would carry my (black) bayswater to work and in any situation where I would want to feel dressy or businesslike. Bbags are quite different - lighter and slouchier, therefore have another look and feel - they are more casual & trendy, as I see them.

The lining thing is not a problem for me compare to other feature of the bag.

To Fashionplate: Such a cool mom you have( mom that you can share the bags with,what else you can ask for??)

By the way, Bayswater bag that your mom has got, does the leather get worn out when she used it for a while cuz i'm kind of like the softer looking leather.

I LOVE my Bayswater (I have it in the tan color)! That is my everyday, work bag that can carry all of my stuff plus documents. It has two interior pockets where you can slip in a mobile and other stuff. The no lining doesn't bother me at all. I think it's a classic look. The only down side is that it is a bit heavy.

(I save my other loved bags (Paddy, Birkin, etc.) for the weekend)

I absolutely love the bayswater - it is so versatile and perfect for work - trendy but not too much for the work place - at first the no lining does seem wierd but if you look after it well as you would any bag there shouldn't be a problem:biggrin:

However I do love the balenciaga bags - for me however I would make the choice on what I would be using the bag for more - be it work or play!

The salesperson that the tan leather (forgot the official name) "patinas" beautifully. Is that true -- I have had mine only for a month so I don't know? Also I would also hear about whether the inside of the bag wears out.

I was debating between a Bayswater and Balenciaga City bag as well. I love the Bayswater and think it's perfect for work and fund enough for the weekends. However, it's just a bit heavy, so I'm sort of leaning toward the Balenciaga, and I think as long as you stick with a classic color/style of Bal, you will get a lot of wear out of it as well. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Thanks babes for all your advices. Now i'm kind of leaning toward Bayswater but i have to admit that it's quite heavy. My Paddington is very heavy. Eventhough i adore it so much, sometime i don't feel like carrying it when i have to do a lot of shopping ( which is most of the time). I will let you guys know about my decision...

I've been drawn to Bayswaters for years. They're in a high-end store near me so I keep being tempted. But I'm determined not to spend more money on bags and tend to use the same three or four, despite a far-larger-than necessary collection. And right now I'm sticking like glue to my Bal Twiggy, Burberry and Marc Jacobs. However, come the end of summer I might just have to succumb. The Bayswater really stands out as a modern classic. Having said all that I don't like the unlined idea. We shall see.

No go for the bayswater there's no comparison imo but then i am rather bias. I dont have any bal's.
Im thinking of buying a small bays satchel in oak to add to my collection i have a black printed bays already and luv it. :smile: