what do you guys think about BBag Papier?

scooterella

Nov 19, 2007
San Jose, CA

I saw this from Balenciaga site. It catches my eyes, I was thinking to get a new purse similar style to LV Neverfull or Totally but this one look much more edgy.

Does anyone know how big and how much is it?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Attachments

MichK

Nov 1, 2008
I've seen this in the store. There are two sizes: a really smallish tote about the size of the First, and a larger bag which is about the size of the Work (but possibly a little narrower).

I didn't like how this style looked in photos, but I loved how it looked in person. Very understated and chic.

Didn't find out how much it cost... but maybe you could call your nearest Bal store to ask?

ccaccat

Apr 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Saw the papier in Bal HK. There are 2 sizes - small and big (didn't get measurements but the small one is roughly the size of a small paper shopping bag from boutiques and the bigger one is sort of similar to the work), and they only had 2 colours available - black and a violet/purple colour (don't know what is the official colour). They look better IRL than on the bal website. Agree with MichK they are understated. Looked inside the black one and saw that it is lined in black fabric and has 2 small inner pockets side-by-side but only on 1 side of the bag.

Prices: around HK10,000 for the small size and around HK$12,000 for the bigger one. (Sorry I couldn't remember the exact prices...my memory is not so good...:graucho:) Just divide by 7.8 to convert to US$. But Bal HK's prices are not cheap. The leather is smooth, no veins, def not distressed. The style doesn't appeal to me but maybe it will to the other gals. :smile:

applebummz

Nov 3, 2007
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anybody has the papier ? Please do share your opinion regarding the leather and the slim buckle handle. It will be awesome too if there is a modeling pic.

Thanks

Hank

O.G.
Apr 1, 2006
I felt Papier at NM and while it looks stiff in pictures, IRL it is SO INCREDIBLY SOFT...it's so luxurious and feels like BUTTA. I still prefer bal classics, but was really impressed with the leather of Papier...

prepaidexile

Age quod agis
Oct 13, 2009
Melbourne/Singapore/Hong Kong
I think it's classic and chic, can totally glam up an office suit IMO. Will definitely leave good impression on clients/bosses haha! Would love to see more photos too! Personally I like the LV Neverfull, but it's so common on the streets. Would love to have one of this if it's practical! :biggrin:

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
Some of the Barneys NY stores had it in Black ... loved it (although it was the small size ... too small for me!). I would love to find it in the "screaming yellow" color!

kartika

miayam
Aug 28, 2010
I just saw Papier, i feel it's too plain and especially they are in RH. what do you guys think about this style? minimalist? :graucho::graucho::graucho:

arthgirlie

Oct 29, 2010
CA
Agreed! Papier is not my favorite style as it's much more traditional. Although, I do like the holiday metallic leather that they're using for these.

imlvholic

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
I'm not sure if the thin handles are comfortable on the shoulder esp when you got heavy stuff inside the bag.

I still prefer the original moto style w/ distressed leather.

anmldr1

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
i was never a big fan of the papier until the metallic leather ones came out...now i have the milkyway metallic papier and i'm in love! the leather is amazing and the bag is very comfortable to carry!!