What do you get your loving mother for her 60th B'day?

I'm close to 60 and I'd love an Alma or a Totally or anything in vernis - but handbags are such a personal choice (size, organization, colour) that I'd suggest taking her to LV and letting her choose.

Yeaaa i agree to! Its just she isnt putting herself first atm! its more ohhh she's putting more importance on my final year! I told her NOOOO its ur 60th! MORE IMPORTANT!!:smile: I want to make her feel special as she always makes us kids feel special. So i have a few things in mind when we go up! SO thats always good:smile:

Agree on these !!!!

I don't think a 60 years old has a patience
on handheld and heavy bag like vernis
Alma ? :thinking:

I agree to about the Soffia BUT she just purchased the Stephen Sprouse Leopard Speedy AND thats heavy and she loves it. SOOO maybe the Soffia would work:smile: BUT im prbably gunna show her the Jewellery, watches and SLG's:smile:

I have no better suggestions than the ones already given here, but what a nice and interesting thread. I am excited to continue to read and see what you decide.
All the best!

Agree on these !!!!

I don't think a 60 years old has a patience
on handheld and heavy bag like vernis
Alma ? :thinking:

Wow - I'm 55 and I love the Vernis Alma. And I do have the patience, and I don't find it heavy. I have other bags that are much heavier.

I wouldn't put a 60 year old woman in the grave yet. You might have to eat your words when you turn 60. LOL!

And one of my very favorite bags is the mono Artsy.

Wow - I'm 55 and I love the Vernis Alma. And I do have the patience, and I don't find it heavy. I have other bags that are much heavier.

I wouldn't put a 60 year old woman in the grave yet. You might have to eat your words when you turn 60. LOL!

Oh well, I'm just saying that because I
found alma vernis too heavy for me
and I'm not 60 . and i think i said that
IF HER MOTHER HAS PATIENCE on
a HANDHELD bag because ALMA
VERNIS is heavy. so, I don't think
I put 60 on a GRAVE by HER age !!!

ohhhh you're 55 ? I thought you're 65 !!!
Plus, I'm entitle to my own opinion !

Edit .. Let me add these.. If I will
reach 60 I won't be here on tpf.
I will take care of grand kids and
Enjoying my retirement. Or maybe
Cross stitch ?!??

Last edited:
I agree to about the Soffia BUT she just purchased the Stephen Sprouse Leopard Speedy AND thats heavy and she loves it. SOOO maybe the Soffia would work:smile: BUT im prbably gunna show her the Jewellery, watches and SLG's:smile:

That's a great plan too ! But, get a hint
from her. You know her and I'm sure
Whatever you pick for her... She will
Appreciate it! If you want to give her
alma . It's a nice gift but check it out
If she's a handheld or tote kinda woman.

Why don't you get her some roses, take her to dinner and a movie and then shopping so she can pick out what she wants. I'm sure quality time is very important to her and she would enjoy family time.

Someone else mentioned jewelry. Have you considered a nice LV piece or charm? My vet (whomn I have known for 22 years) loves LV and she has many many bags. She has moved onto the jewelry and adores it. I know it is not inexpensive, but maybe you can find an everyday piece so she can wear this and beautiful bag every day.

Someone else mentioned jewelry. Have you considered a nice LV piece or charm? My vet (whomn I have known for 22 years) loves LV and she has many many bags. She has moved onto the jewelry and adores it. I know it is not inexpensive, but maybe you can find an everyday piece so she can wear this and beautiful bag every day.

Good idea! You have an awesome vet! haha;)

You Mum sounds very hip. How about an Electric Alma??? And you sound like a wonderful son!!

Well thank you:smile: She is actually one of the most amazing mothers i know! I was thinking maybe the Electric Alma BB??? Because a) she had the Epi Electric Pont-Neuf PM in Electric Noir and she has the matching wallet and the clutch bag we all bought her for xmas:smile: SO maybe the Alma BB? or maybe in snakeskin? Now youve got me thinking on Alma BB hehe:smile: GREAT idea :biggrin:

I have no better suggestions than the ones already given here, but what a nice and interesting thread. I am excited to continue to read and see what you decide.
All the best!

Why thank you:smile: I was stuck on ideas for her and i thought why not go to a place where there are soooo many lovely ladies with brilliant ideas! I has some good ideas and when we go up to sydney for the weekend in May. I will go ping we r here time to pick:smile: ahaha shell be like ahhhh whatt? aha

RESPECT sooo much for you right now:smile: You couldnt have said it any better:smile: OHHHH by the way is that a Ralph Lauren Ricky bag as your Pic? ME LIKEY:smile: hahaha