what do you feel about the new Gucci creative director, alessandro michele?

which are you ?

• Total voters

seahorseinstripes

bag greed bug
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
honestly i wasn't a big fans of gucci, the only piece i have is a vintage bag that i love.
i love the older design and the classic green red but not even tom ford made me want their bag badly, i love to see it on people but i just don't see myself wearing it

but the new CD really makes it interesting for me, i love everything from the clothing to the bags. for the first time i'm craving to collect them
i love how he bring the classic back with his special touch

for loyal fans, what do you feel about the new designs?

and for new fans like me, what made you interested with this brand now ?

Reactions: caitvee
I am no collector, and I am no "one brand gal", however the last years have been a big craving for Gucci for me, both in terms of bags/accessories as well as RTW. I loved the silk blouses, flowing fabrics, dresses, coats, scarves, it all seemed very wearable to me.
The first collection of AM was a WFT moment for me - it may work for Milan streetstyle, but I just don´t get it. Maybe I am too much caught in the older designs and my admiration for them, maybe I am not understanding the whole crossdressing thing (wasn´t the first women collection presented by guys? I might be wrong here), I just don´t feel any desire to go to the store and have a closer look. I find it too abstract.
I love however the look of the Dyonisos bag, but I don´t care for the metallic chain, so I decided not to get one (I had planned for that before going to Italy last fall). I am also a bit disappointed that some of the older "staple bags" have been discontinued or will not come in new seasonal colors, but I guess this is part of the game.
Don´t get me wrong: I think it is wonderful that you discovered a brand that you love, and we all see different aspects in different lights. Different strokes for different folks - it would be a boring world if we all looked the same ;)

I have never looked at Gucci before (except for the Disco that I just recently bought since it is most likely going to be discontinued), but now I seem to love or like a lot of the collection. Read here at purseforum some week ago that they had changed CD so it explained a lot for me :smile:

So I am looking forward buying bags from Gucci in the future :biggrin:

I have never looked at Gucci before (except for the Disco that I just recently bought since it is most likely going to be discontinued), but now I seem to love or like a lot of the collection. Read here at purseforum some week ago that they had changed CD so it explained a lot for me :smile:

So I am looking forward buying bags from Gucci in the future :biggrin:
This is exactly how I feel. I really love what Gucci has to offer at the moment. I own Chanel, LV, Dior and had a Chloe Marcie at one time, but never Gucci. I'm planning to get a Dionysus this month and it'll be my first Gucci!

I've grown-up with Gucci and inherited some lovely things. I started buying Gucci RTW under Tom Ford and started buying my own new bags once Frida joined as head of accessories 2004. I loved Frida's collections as CD )post-2006) though some looks suited me more than others, I adored the bags, belts and jewellery under her watch as CD. I wasn't able to buy many shoes though as they were either way too high or totally flat.
My footwear budget has now gone through the roof under AM, so much edgier and more 'me', I can also actually walk in them. I've also bought RTW, hats, jewellery and lots of new things but I haven't bought any new Gucci bags designed after AM became CD. Love the Dionysus (I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't in the pipeline when Frida was still around although I have no proof) but larger chain bags are difficult for me, my Chanels too. Other newer Gucci bags I like but not love or have something similar already, but that's OK I've bought more Hermes bags instead ;) .

't able to buy many shoes though as they were either way too high or totally flat.
My footwear budget has now gon
I knew you would like the new direction. As for me, I loved Gucci again in 2008 after losing the feeling for the brand for 3-4 years. However, I lost it again during the last few years of Frida's tenure (they got boring honestly). AM revived my love once again, I am afraid however that this vision will be trendy for just a few years only (I seriously hope not) as long as Gucci has a great marketing strategy, meaning limit sale, limit distribution, I am in for the new Gucci.

I really like a lot of the stuff he's doing.

One exception:

flat.jpg
What the hell is with this bag? I think it's terrible. It's so FLAT. Yet he keeps making them.

That ugly flat bag, along with the discontinuation of the black Supreme canvas, is very disappointing.

The men's clothing is great, but there's not a lot to desire in terms of the men's bags. Again, it's very disappointing because I feel like there is a great deal of potential with the brand to offer a much stronger selection of bags for men. Both Louis Vuitton and Prada have a lot of men's bags that are beautiful. I with Gucci had more to compete with them in this area.

Reactions: lolaluvsu
hahaha i'm not a big fans of big flat bag. but certain flats are still ok like the celine trio, somehow it still got a bit of depth

and agree on the men's clothing they are great, as a woman i would wear it myself.

hahaha i'm not a big fans of big flat bag. but certain flats are still ok like the celine trio, somehow it still got a bit of depth
Yeah, flat isn't necessarily bad for a bag, but that bag (and the several others in the same style) is both flat AND wide. Seriously, it's like someone took an elasticated document folder from work and put a strap on it. Gross. I do not want to look like I'm carrying around a luxury brand document folder full of legal briefs.

I think Alessandro is an amazingly talented designer. The capability of merging whimsical designs into luxury goods and having the end product so sophisticated in most respects, truly a talent. I have always liked Gucci, but for a while Gucci was somewhat boring, not any longer!! There are so many Gucci shoes that I want to purchase for spring/summer, not to mention the t-shirts and sweatshirts that I want!! The other item is the Marmont shoulder bag..., so good! I am wondering what will be next.