What do you feed your toy breed dog? Or any size dog.

maxxout

O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
DFC9BCEC-1F72-4AC3-9B75-F0E7CBC7B2D0.jpegHi everyone… I’ve been feeding my Yorkie Easy Raw dehydrated food from Only Natural Pets and kibble from Halo.
I would love to know what healthy diet you are using to feed your doggies. Myself, I’ve eaten organic whole foods for 30 years. I’m wondering if I should perhaps be cooking for my doggy?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: baghagg and bkclove
View attachment 5257574Hi everyone… I’ve been feeding my Yorkie Easy Raw dehydrated food from Only Natural Pets and kibble from Halo.
I would love to know what healthy diet you are using to feed your doggies. Myself, I’ve eaten organic whole foods for 30 years. I’m wondering if I should perhaps be cooking for my doggy?
What a precious baby! I feed my girls (two lab mix rescues) The Farmer’s Dog and they love it. They actually dance around while I am getting their meals ready.

If you do decide to home cook, you’ll need to supplement with vitamins. You really should do that with the guidance of a veterinary professional.

What I love about Farmer’s Dog is that it’s homemade and already includes supplements. And, you can actually see the pieces of turkey and chunks of broccoli, etc.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: maxxout
What a precious baby! I feed my girls (two lab mix rescues) The Farmer’s Dog and they love it. They actually dance around while I am getting their meals ready.

If you do decide to home cook, you’ll need to supplement with vitamins. You really should do that with the guidance of a veterinary professional.

What I love about Farmer’s Dog is that it’s homemade and already includes supplements. And, you can actually see the pieces of turkey and chunks of broccoli, etc.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for responding. I’ve heard about farmers dog and I will look into it. I imagine that has all of the vitamins in it or do you still need to supplement?

Reactions: smallfry
Thank you so much for responding. I’ve heard about farmers dog and I will look into it. I imagine that has all of the vitamins in it or do you still need to supplement?

It is is ready to feed, no need to add anything. They actually portion the meals based on your dog’s weight and activity level.

• Love
I feed my 11 pound dog a high quality kibble (First Mate lamb & oats). She also gets fresh veggies every day as treats, as well as a few high quality dog treats. She doesn't get table scraps and we don't overfeed her. She's 13 years old, a healthy weight, and active. Other than her grey fur on her face she could pass for a younger dog.

I tried the Farmer's Dog because my friend's dog loooves it. Doesn't work for my puppers unfortunately :sad: . He sometimes would throw it up or never digest the vegetables when it came out the other end.

Currently he's on a mixed diet of, Merrick's chicken and sweet potato kibble + a spoonful of Merrick's wet food, alternating with raw salmon (sashimi cus I'm paranoid) or beef.

We're hoping to transition him to the raw diet eventually as he does really love the raw beef and salmon. Just need to make sure they're fresh!

I just ordered this book it came out only last month.View attachment 5257660
This is an excellent book. I’ve been a raw feeder for more than a decade. I also use turmeric, decaf green tea and a few other things in very small amounts and pulsed- meaning not daily.
After reading this book I’m so glad I’ve never fed kibble, and extra happy that this book helps me fine tune my four dog’s nutritional plan. My dogs all compete in sport and show.

Last edited:
To add, you should not feed your dog raw salmon. There are only a couple types of fish you need to cook for your dog. Other animal proteins don’t need to be cooked.

To add, you should not feed your dog raw salmon. There are only a couple types of fish you need to cook for your dog. Other animal proteins don’t need to be cooked.

even sashimi grade salmon?

then if I cook it, it should be okay right?

I feed my 11 pound dog a high quality kibble (First Mate lamb & oats). She also gets fresh veggies every day as treats, as well as a few high quality dog treats. She doesn't get table scraps and we don't overfeed her. She's 13 years old, a healthy weight, and active. Other than her grey fur on her face she could pass for a younger dog.
Great idea about veggies as treats. I gave her some cooked broccoli and she actually ate it.

Reactions: mocktail
This is an excellent book. I’ve been a raw feeder for more than a decade. I also use turmeric, decaf green tea and a few other things in very small amounts and pulsed- meaning not daily.
After reading this book I’m so glad I’ve never fed kibble, and extra happy that this book helps me fine tune my four dog’s nutritional plan. My dogs all compete in sport and show.

Glad that you are recommending this book. You seem to know a great deal and have professional experience as well. Thank you for imparting your knowledge to all of us.

• Love
Reactions: Irishgal
Glad that you are recommending this book. You seem to know a great deal and have professional experience as well. Thank you for imparting your knowledge to all of us.
I’m always happy to help people learn ways to extend their dogs healthy life via nutrition, environment, exercise and low stress. I’ve made mistakes, for sure! But I read a ton of peer reviewed research and follow a few well respected experts. Thanks for being open to this topic! ❤️