What do you do with your orange box?

mimoko

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
I'm getting my 1st Hermes Lindy in 3 weeks time.
My question is how big is Lindy's orange box? I'm travelling light for the weekend only and most probably have a cabin trolley only.
Wl I be able to carry my Hermes purchase together or will I need to get a bigger bag and check in?
I don't really want to leave my orange box behind as it's part of the deal too!
Please advise. Thx.

When I bought my Birkin, I was in the exact same situation as you. With just a cabin baggage, the box is too big to be fit in the baggage. I put the box in a extra-large YSL shopping bag (as I happened to purchase another YSL item), put both H shopping bag and box (with the Birkin inside the box) inside the extra-large YSL shopping bag to handcarry so that the H box and H shopping bag is not damage. LOL. I know it sounds silly but I am a collector of branded shopping bags. I have many of it at home..

When I bought my Birkin, I was in the exact same situation as you. With just a cabin baggage, the box is too big to be fit in the baggage. I put the box in a extra-large YSL shopping bag (as I happened to purchase another YSL item), put both H shopping bag and box (with the Birkin inside the box) inside the extra-large YSL shopping bag to handcarry so that the H box and H shopping bag is not damage. LOL. I know it sounds silly but I am a collector of branded shopping bags. I have many of it at home..
Thx. I may end up buying more than a Lindy too as I've plan to shop for my sis in lw & sister. I heard Dubai is a shopping paradise and I'm going to new Burj Khalifa. Hermes are located there in Dubai mall & I noticed majority of big brands are located there.

This is the best advice:yes:

Thx. I may end up buying more than a Lindy too as I've plan to shop for my sis in lw & sister. I heard Dubai is a shopping paradise and I'm going to new Burj Khalifa. Hermes are located there in Dubai mall & I noticed majority of big brands are located there.

It'll no doubt be expensive, but if you want to preserve your boxes, you may want to consider having your purchases shipped home. That's what I would do, but what I can say, I collect both the item and its box. :P

It'll no doubt be expensive, but if you want to preserve your boxes, you may want to consider having your purchases shipped home. That's what I would do, but what I can say, I collect both the item and its box. :P
How I wish I don't have to travel to get my Lindy but my SA said I must come & collect it or ask someone to collect it on my behalf. I just wish she can ship it to me too.
As the price is higher than Europe but it's nearer to my place, together with a fully paid trips knocking on my door, I know it's my golden opportunity & it's also readily available with few colours to choose from, what more can I ask except what to do with my orange box.
I may end up carrying a bigger suitcase & check it in & it will only cause delay in checking out later.
How can I resist the bright orange box!

i keep mine fore sure! something about the items tucked into their respective boxes makes me feel like i'm opening a present for the first time, each and every time :P

can you mail the box back? and hand carry the item?

otherwise, you may also be intercepted at customs of your destination country and be asked to pay import tax? (like in canada and australia?)

I bought a bag in St Bart and I had them give me the box in it's flat form, unconstructed. I packed in flat in my suitcase. If your box is too big, ask for the biggest size that will fit in your bag.