What do you do with your old handbags?

I gave all my non designer bags to my mom and my friends. I still have a ton of Coach bags that I hardly use and have contemplated selling on Ebay. But I know they are worth more to me than the little money I would get for them. So I just put them in the dustbags to hibernate until I find a need to use them again.

If you want to donate your things, most local charities for abused women can really use donations of bags, shoes and clothing for women. A lot of these places are safe havens - places for abused women to "escape" to. Most of the women (and sometimes their children) show up with nothing but the clothes on their backs because they need to leave their homes in a hurry. The donations are given to help these women build a new life for themselves without fear of their abusers. They will usually come pick up the donations because the addresses are not published for the safety of the women and children.

If you want to donate your things, most local charities for abused women can really use donations of bags, shoes and clothing for women. A lot of these places are safe havens - places for abused women to "escape" to. Most of the women (and sometimes their children) show up with nothing but the clothes on their backs because they need to leave their homes in a hurry. The donations are given to help these women build a new life for themselves without fear of their abusers. They will usually come pick up the donations because the addresses are not published for the safety of the women and children.

This is a fantastic idea! I have donated makeup and toiletries to these shelters. Now that I have so many bags I don't use, they'd be put to better use by someone in need.

I donate all of my clothes, shoes and handbags to Krissa's closet, which is a non profit resale shop here in Plano. The store is named after a woman who was abused and killed by her husband. The store is run by volunteers and all proceeds go to abused women in Collin County (Plano is a suburb of Dallas). I also get a tax write-off for the donation.

This Christmas I'll be giving away some of my handbags to my relatives (cousins and aunties).

I asked them if they liked the purse (through emails). At the moment they're liking my collection. I told them that I'll give the bags to them as my Christmas presents for this year. This way it saves me money (just paid my uni fee) and at the same time they like what they're getting.

The ones I'll be giving to my relatives aren't 'old - old.' They're basically the ones I bought and only used them a few times (and have moved on to buying heaps more). They deserve better homes instead of gathering dust in my place.

The other lot I sell to my friends, post an ad on the bulletin board, and of course Ebay. :smile: