what do you do with your old bags?

Mar 3, 2010
So I have some old lV bags that are in really used condition. Actually, two have broken handles from use, and one has holes in the canvas because my dog got a hold of it.

I attached pics of my ellipse to show you as an example. I don't even think LV would repair it, because they just look so old to me. I loved this bag so much and would repurchase it if they made it again.

DSCN0601.JPG DSCN0609.JPG

Do you all throw these away? Even thou they are well loved, it pains me to throw them away.

I considered selling them, but I am not sure who would buy bags in this condition.

I have several bags that have just been sitting in my closet for a few years in similar condition. Thanks for your thoughts!!

I asked this question a while back. And the best answer I got was to donate. Because it will benefit the charity and someone else might think your old LV is like a treasure. Much better positive vibes put out into the world rather than trashing it.

i have also asked this question in a previous thread (i cannot find) and got some great ideas. donate, gift to a friend/relative/co-worker or anyone who has done something nice/kind for you, give to someone who can sell it themselves for money (ie homeless and etc.), sell on ebay and the like...

personally, i donate to goodwill and/or salvation army. i have found such good thrift stuff throughout my shopping years that it makes me happy to know someone else will have that thrill, too

Reactions: 1LV and jancedtif
So I have some old lV bags that are in really used condition. Actually, two have broken handles from use, and one has holes in the canvas because my dog got a hold of it.

I attached pics of my ellipse to show you as an example. I don't even think LV would repair it, because they just look so old to me. I loved this bag so much and would repurchase it if they made it again.

View attachment 3628335 View attachment 3628336

Do you all throw these away? Even thou they are well loved, it pains me to throw them away.

I considered selling them, but I am not sure who would buy bags in this condition.

I have several bags that have just been sitting in my closet for a few years in similar condition. Thanks for your thoughts!!

I would have the leather replaced on the ellipse, it will look fabulous.

If the canvas is all ok on the eclipse, I'm pretty sure you can replace all the vachetta. For the other bags, you can re-purpose the canvas into a bracelet, or bag charm. I've seen them on ebay.

Reactions: fabuleux
Ok, they have been well loved but they can still be loved by someone else if you don't want them anymore. This is my idea....SOOO many people enjoy taking old LV bags and making a project out of them. They either take off handles and buy a cute new bohemian style or some colored leather one from Etsy or Mautto or they add leather tassels and bows. Some people even have their own company with these type of "craft" bags. I've seen others cut up the canvas and make their own shoes, key chains, dog bows, etc, etc! Do you have a teenage girl in your life? Give it to her and let her be creative with it! Check out Pinterest and YouTube for some ideas if you like to repupose things! Search for "Upcycled Louis Vuitton" or something like that! :smile:

The design of the ellipse is just....beautiful. I would pay to have the bag go to a LV spa: have the vachetta, the handles, everything they can replace..replaced. It's so classic and gorgeous; definitely worth the investment for a bag you love that much. : )

Reactions: snibor