What do you do with your locks on your Speedys?

Thanks for this thread, I had the same question so I searched for it, and found this! :biggrin:

I take all mine off and store them. I am just worried that with use, they will start to bend/warp the leather tab from the weight of them.

That's what I worry about too :sad: I am on my way to getting my first speedy and I think I will just keep the lock inside the bag.

I put mine in the pocket inside the WC speedy. Since I don't want the weight of the lock damage the bag. Also don't want to have scratch on my lock from daily use.

I used to have a lock hanging off the side tab with keys attached to it but took it off because it tarnished to the point that it turned black so I just threw it out (tried cleaning it but some of the spots starting chipping off ... :Push:smile:. I agree though - the lock looks great hanging off the speedy - it is so very Vuitton!:tup:

My azur speedy its handing from the d ring inside the bag. My Mono speedy its on the bag, it just makes the bag. My mini lin speedy doesnt have one, its hanging from the mirror of my car.

For the most part I decided I didn't want it hanging on the bag and marking it up. I initially polished the one that came with my mono and didn't like it all shining so I put the one from the car on it ... lol it was more worn in looking and suited the bag more :smile:

Ooo my speedy actually came with its keys in a separate little box, so it has always been, uhh...naked. I did try to place the lock on the end tab before, but the lock seemed to bend the end tab in an odd way, so I took it off because I was worried that the end tab would end up permanently curled like that.

I have always kept the lock on the leather tab. However, I recently noticed the lock pulling making the hole on the tab warped so i took it off.
I like how the hole on the tab is reinforced on the camo speedy.