What do you do with your alone time?

cristalena, i am the exact same way. i am always so bored when hubby leaves. so the moment he is out the door i pick up a book, (if i'm not running after the kids). now i'm reading jodie picoult ' the tenth circle'

Hey Bethy! I think you have to get used to it. My mom is like you- she hates to be w/o my dad, but I think she's so used to it. It's not like they do much or have active things they do- they just watch TV or DVD's. She even has hobbies she could do- like stained glass or cross stitching, but she would rather sulk/be bored b/c he's not there! :confused1:

Some people really just like to be w/ other ppl all the time. I'm not one of those at all. I've lived alone for about 6 years and my current, on/off SO (who's going out the door for sure) is always busy- either work, study groups, papers (doctorate program).

I usually end up catching up on house stuff I can't during the week, a movie, reading, painting (art stuff, not walls!) and that sort of thing. I am going to have a hard time adjusting to a new SO when I am ready for it, b/c I really love my alone time and am so used to it!

I *treasure* my alone time! Not that I don't love spending time with DH because I do, but I've always been extremely independent and needed just as much time to myself as with others. If I leave the house, I'll go to the mall for a bit, maybe even see a movie alone. If I stay in, I'm usually on the computer or catching up on my Tivo.

i really like spending time alone, but usually i'm just watching tv and it gets really boring. every once in a really blue moon i'll go to an art museum by myself. i love it. just walking around looking at art, maybe with my ipod on. i really enjoy it. i love shopping by myself too. when it gets warmer i really want to go laze around central park and just read a book and maybe go to the met. though i think i only do that stuff by myself cuz i don't know anyone else who wants to come with me. my SO is more a theater person not an art person, so i enjoy my art alone. :shrugs:

I love when my SO goes out and I have the house to myself. I can usually get all my cleaning done since he isn't in my way. I also relax, make a cup of tea and read, watch tv, sleep.

Boyfriend might be international this year with his clients so I'm looking forward to him traveling for a few days! :P Love the boyfriend, but really enjoy some quiet alone time at home too. (he is self employed so it's especially nice when he's out of house not making a mess)

With a 3 year old little boy, I don't have much alone time even when DH isn't home. After my son has gone to bed if DH isn't home, I'll log onto tPF, channel surf, usually watch something on The Food Channel or Travel Channel, re-watch Sex & The City DVD or read magazines.

I love being alone! I'm usually not doing anything exciting though, just surfing the web, watching tv, eating, and other drab things. Most of my "fun" stuff is done with other people or my SO, but I often prefer my own company.