What do you do with the "sinking bottom" on LV Speedys?

1. Hi, is it true that the LV Speedy have really soft bottoms/ bases? That way, when you fill your bag up, the bottom really sinks and the bag loses its shape. How do you Speedy owners overcome this problem?

2. Yes they sag, I always keep a magazine in it to help keep it's shape and me from getting bored ;) .

3. for my speedies, i just put a cardboard with round edges as base and it works great. i don't like the look of a sagging speedy! speedy canvas are soft, so that you can fold up the up and bring it along for your travel, that is what i was told.

4. The base of speedy bags aren't strengthened in any way. There has been a similar thread about this a while ago.
    Many people said that they like the 'sag' and it was part of the speedy charm. I must admitt though, I don't. I bought a flat gift box and have used that. It fits perfectly in the bottom of my speedy 30 so now keeps its shape.
    My neo denim speedy I just put a long diary in the bottom and that seems to help.

5. Hi! Welcome to PF!!!:welcome:
    If you actually fill the bag with stuff, it won't sag (well, it doesn't for me). But if you only choose to carry a wallet and a cell phone in a bag (like tart Jessica in the pic below) then it will sag.:yes:

1030.jpg
  6. For the 25, I find that the Coach mini catelogues fit in the bottom perfectly !

7. Nada. I like the sink!

8. I put plexiglass on the bottom of my mono Speedy 30, and it doesn't sag anymore. I didn't have to put anything in the bottom of my epi Speedy 25 because it doesn't really sag.

9. For my speedy 25 I put two teen vogue magazines in the bottom =D

10. I use the cardboard too. :yes: And a Purseket to help it keep its shape. :biggrin:

11. I always just use whatever book I'm reading at the time in the bottom of my 25 :biggrin:

12. i put a piece of cardboard in the bottom, wrapped in cloth so that it's clean.

although i'm converting to plexiglass too, because the cardboard is a little flimsy :yes:

i don't like the sag either

13. I put one side of a manila folder (one half of it) at the bottom of my Speedy 30. It's light-weight, and it's not so stiff, but it still keeps it from sagging.

14. ditto. cardboards in my speedies also.

15. Cardboard is a girl's best friend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice