What do you do with pony hair?

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So, I seem to have caught the b-bag infatuation here on the forum, and I've been thinking about getting the pony hair one that I have been lusting after for a while. But the closer I come to whipping out the plastic, the more confused I get ... how do you treat pony hair?! Can you take it out in the rain?! And how do you take care of it, I don't see myself using leather moisturizer on it, doh! :wacko:

2. Are they really made of ponies?

3. Don't care for pony hair!!! I think is only for Winter and just looks hairy. It is not made from pony or horse hair, it is actuall from cow or calfs. Also I wonder if it smells if it gets pretty wet from rain etc? Do they shed?

4. i dislike furry bags, so unfortunately i don't think i can be of much help :-/

5. Inkypaws - Between your comment and your doggy picture, I was wondering if it would smell like wet dog if it got wet too!

Honestly, I know nothing about pony hair/calf hair... hair in general except that which is on my own body.

6. I have an old Adrienne Vittadini pony hair purse that's been dyed in a cheetah pattern. Anyways, I haven't done a thing to it! It's over 8 years old, but still looks good. The only issue is a spot where it's rubbed against my body, so it's getting bald--and I don't think Rogaine is going to help...

Anyways, I think a well-made pony hair bag should do fine. I didn't even store it in a dust bag b/c they kinda didn't exist when I got that purse, lol. I don't remember ever taking it out in the rain though.