Home & Garden What do you do with Essential Oils for home?

luxluna

Apr 22, 2012
I recently purchased a few bottles of essential oils from NOW and I've read online about how people drop a little into a spray bottle for the kitchen counter tops. I haven't tried that but I want to add a few drops of tea tree oil into the floor detergent. Does anyone do that? What else do you do with your essential oils for floor / cupboard / bathroom ?

I recently purchased a few bottles of essential oils from NOW and I've read online about how people drop a little into a spray bottle for the kitchen counter tops. I haven't tried that but I want to add a few drops of tea tree oil into the floor detergent. Does anyone do that? What else do you do with your essential oils for floor / cupboard / bathroom ?

Actually there is a whole world when it come to aromatherapy oils. In France they are used by doctors for medicinal reasons as well. They are VERY powerful and quality varies enormously. Here is my favourite book on the subject. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fragrant-Pharmacy-Valerie-Ann-Worwood/dp/0553403974

You can start easy with a few drops in a diffuser, but there is a lot that can be done...
Just a quick precaution: they should not be taken internally, used neat on skin, and some oils are contraindicated for pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 153
Actually there is a whole world when it come to aromatherapy oils. In France they are used by doctors for medicinal reasons as well. They are VERY powerful and quality varies enormously. Here is my favourite book on the subject. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fragrant-Pharmacy-Valerie-Ann-Worwood/dp/0553403974

You can start easy with a few drops in a diffuser, but there is a lot that can be done...
Just a quick precaution: they should not be taken internally, used neat on skin, and some oils are contraindicated for pregnancy.

Some oils are edible.

Hmm I recall a relative using these oils on her children. They digest the oils and used them neat. Thanks for the book recommendation. I'd check it out!