What do you do with a store credit?

msy926

O.G.
Aug 7, 2006
Hi, all:smile:
Want to ask your thoughts.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Okay, here goes my story.
I purchased a Chanel purse from Hirshleifer's but it turned out to be a wrong one and I returned it.
I meant to buy a black one and mentioned several times but what I heard was they have only one left in stock.(Didn't mentioned which color they had)
I was so excited and rushed in to ordering it, and noticed that it was not a black one after it was shipped out.
I returned it, they politely accepted it with a store credit.
First I was embarrassed but I had to take the situation and I completely admit that all SAs were very kind.
I expected to exchange to another style but they had none in stock so I asked to put me through a waiting list.
Without getting a call for several weeks, I asked if I could ever get a chance to be called and by then I was told that they are getting no more for that style.
Making the situation getting worse is that I got a call from another boutique that they have the exact bag in their hand.
I know the best thing that I can do is to wait until next season and see if something else strikes my mind.
I thought for a moment 'what if I sell my store credit?' but I know it is rediculous to do so.
So....Have you ever been through a situation just like me?
I don't know what to do......

Since it was their mistake in the first place I see no reason why you should be so timid about what you want. You are paying the big $$$$ for their product, they should be the ones bending over backwards to please you. I would not have accepted a store credit for something they messed up either. Cash back only!

At this point I would demand they have the one you want from the other boutique sent over to you using your store credit. I believe they can exchange stock between stores.
Good luck!

Since it was their mistake in the first place I see no reason why you should be so timid about what you want. You are paying the big $$$$ for their product, they should be the ones bending over backwards to please you. I would not have accepted a store credit for something they messed up either. Cash back only!

At this point I would demand they have the one you want from the other boutique sent over to you using your store credit. I believe they can exchange stock between stores.
Good luck!

I've never thought that they can exchange stocks!! I should ask them.
I wanted a CAM Maxi but they just told me that they don't have further plans to order the CAM any more.
I couldn't find a reason why refund isn't a option, but they said like it was their policy to give store credits only for returns.
May be because I paid by international wire transfer?
Anyway, I should speak stronger as you said.
Thanks for your advice.

It seems that store credit is the only option for returns. But since they have responsibility for what happened to me, I should ask them if they consider giving my money back.

Definitely - it's their responsibility, and mistake...I would totally expect to have my $$$ returned to me in that case.