What do you do when you’ve reached the end of your wishlist?

anitsirk

May 12, 2016
Silly question that I just felt like asking

I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I keep a wishlist of things I want to buy in my notes app. Over the years it’s gotten smaller and smaller, from buying the things on it but sometimes also from taking things off that I realized I don’t actually want. Right now there’s 5 items left on the wishlist (it was probably like 50 at its peak lol). I love making lists so it feels weird to be almost ‘done’ with it.

What do you guys do if you reach the end of your wishlist? Add more to it? Delete the wishlist note and start appreciating what you have? Put off buying the last few things on it to keep the list alive? Move the focus to other types of goals?

I have other lists too (like books to read, restaurants to go to, beauty treatments to try) but for some reason the ‘things to buy’ wishlist just feels the most satisfying to use. The process of researching a bag or piece of jewelry, thinking about whether I actually want it, looking at tons of mod shots of it, and the anticipation before finally getting it is so fun imo. The only other list I enjoy just as much is the countries to visit list. I’m trying to go to all of them so there’s much more on that list, so I expect to be working on that one my whole life haha

Not a silly question at all! An interesting question for sure.:amuse:

Hmm, it comes and goes for me.

I'll have a lot of things sitting in my wishlist and I won't really have enough of a want to go buy them, but they're in there just in case I feel like I do want to go get them!

The more I buy and the more I have, the less interested I am in buying things. I'm always comparing to what I already have, make sure I don't have things that are too similar, and make sure I use everything I have. I also have higher standards the more I buy or if items are more expensive.

When I was younger I traveled a lot, and while I still love to travel, I started taking it slow as I got more into luxury. But now, after not traveling for the last 2.5 years and having bought many nice things I have the itch to travel again and put more use into my items!

I can see myself in the near future taking a break from luxury shopping. The only exception is Hermes, because a lot things need to be ordered or pre-ordered and it's a lot of just waiting around for things to come back in stock. And I'm not in a hurry to get them now, so I'll pick them up when they appear.

I'm not saying I'm at purse peace or have nothing on my wishlist. I am very happy with what I have now BUT I am even happier when I use them.

Silly question that I just felt like asking

I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I keep a wishlist of things I want to buy in my notes app. Over the years it’s gotten smaller and smaller, from buying the things on it but sometimes also from taking things off that I realized I don’t actually want. Right now there’s 5 items left on the wishlist (it was probably like 50 at its peak lol). I love making lists so it feels weird to be almost ‘done’ with it.

What do you guys do if you reach the end of your wishlist? Add more to it? Delete the wishlist note and start appreciating what you have? Put off buying the last few things on it to keep the list alive? Move the focus to other types of goals?

I have other lists too (like books to read, restaurants to go to, beauty treatments to try) but for some reason the ‘things to buy’ wishlist just feels the most satisfying to use. The process of researching a bag or piece of jewelry, thinking about whether I actually want it, looking at tons of mod shots of it, and the anticipation before finally getting it is so fun imo. The only other list I enjoy just as much is the countries to visit list. I’m trying to go to all of them so there’s much more on that list, so I expect to be working on that one my whole life haha

:smile: Not a silly question at all - and congrats on getting towards the end of your wishlist :tup:. My niece turns 16 soon and is always in awe of my luxury collection. I have to remind her "it didn't happen overnight, I started purchasing my luxury items long before you were born."

I am the same as you when it comes to buying something - I always research everything about it, sometimes for MONTHS, weigh out pros and cons, etc. It's fun for me. I've also helped guide my friends & family because I truly enjoy the process. I will put off other things to help others when it comes to the luxury world.

If you have a birthday or anniversary coming up this year, I personally would wait on purchasing some items until then. I find it more special when I can tie my purchases to specific birthdays or other milestones in my life. If you haven't had time to really enjoy and make use of your current collection, maybe spend some time appreciating them before your next purchase? ou can wear them to restaurants on your list! I've noticed when I purchase pieces too close together, I forget to take time to appreciate the art and beauty of my purchases.

I'm not sure if you have a budget when it comes to your wishlist, but once you reach the end, perhaps you can add some "dream" items to your wishlist? Items that may take longer to fulfill?

I've learned that every time I *know* I am done with my list, something else eventually comes up :giggle:.

In the past I would make a list, buy the things I wanted, add to to that list, etc. Now as I am getting older I am turning 40 soon. I am thinking more and more about how I can retire early, savings. How I want my retirement to be. I have a mortgage and I am thinking about paying it off early purchasing a second home, so I can have a summer and winter home. I have accumulated a lot handbags, jewelry, clothes and honestly I am thinking about how am I going to wear all this stuff. That is where my priorities are right now.