What do you do when you're not feeling well?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey everyone.

I think I am getting a cold or flu or something of that nature. I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and it has gotten worse as the day went on.
    Just wondering what everyone does when they're feeling sick. How do you make yourself feel better? All I want to do right now is put on my comfy jammies, crawl under my duvet and either watch a movie or read.

2. I usually sleep my senses out and drink warm fluids when my throat irritates me. Get well soon!

3. As a mother of two young kids, life goes on as usual even when I'm sick.
    When I first feel a cold coming on, I take vitamin C and/or echinecea to try and minimize the severity and duration of the sickness.
    Hope your feeling better soon!

4. I usually drink some peppermint tea or ginger root tea and add honey and lemon to both. I hope you get well soon!

5. I usually go out and buy a gallon of orange juice and chug up. :smile:

I also start taking cold/flu medicine almost immediately when I feel myself going under the weather.

6. Take Vitamin D3 2000IU...have your Vitamin D checked by your doctor too to see if you are low.

7. I rest as much as possible and drink a lot of fluids. I hope you feel better soon!

8. I buy some bon bons from the pharmacy that are good for the throat, and an AlpenKraft syrup http://images.iherb.com/FLO-64720-l.jpg . If I have a fever I have some aspirin. I drink a lot of water and tea, and try to get a lot of sleep. However I avoid TV as it gives me a headache. I still go out for some walking, I find fresh air makes me feel better, even when I have a high fever.

9. Vitamin D3, vitamin C, and probiotics first. Then I usually crash on the sofa or in bed and watch bad TV and/or my favorite movies.

10. You might be getting sick (excuse the pun) of people advising you to drink water. It is a good idea, though, because it helps remove the toxins from your body.:smile:

11. Aspirin, lots of sleep, camomile tea

12. Rest- that is key for me. If I'm feeling really under the weather I skip my workout, drink some OJ and a lot of water, try to eat more than normal so I am at full strength. I also try to lounge around as much as I can so I'll put off whatever doesn't have to be done that day until I'm feeling better and cancel any obligations that aren't pressing.

13. Rest is sooo important. I also do Tai Chi slow movements to help with fatigue and stress. Stress is so hard on your body and I think it lowers your body's ability to fight illness.

14. I just realized I got a fever (38) and I don't feel bad at all... Lol I will probably feel horrible later on.

15. Lots of Vitamin C, fruit, tea, rest, and possibly inhaling to get rid of the sinus infection I ALWAYS get when I get a cold.