What do you do when your nail polish is drying?

ana07

Aug 5, 2012
Is it just me who sits around doing nothing since i'm too scared i'll ruin my nails? :blush: I might do a few things on my laptop, but i won't even pick up the mouse, ahaha. And using my phone? Don't even go there!

I feel for my bf sometimes if he needs me for something, like making dinner, lol. But you've got to get your priorities right :lol:

I used to be afraid of messing up my nails after it's been painted. But now with small children, I no longer can afford to sit around until my nails are dry. Now, I would paint a coat in the morning, second coat later during the day and the top coat even later during the day. This allow for ample drying time without being afraid of messing up the nails. This works for me!

Ooh, that sounds like a great idea! I have a half-brother who's 4 so ever since he's been around, my stepmum (his mum) has to go out and get her nails done in a salon, haha. She allows me to borrow her polish pretty much whenever I like since she so rarely uses it now. I could let her know :smile:

I have a little more free time on my hands now, so I like to do my nails in one sitting - but next time I've got a busy day ahead of me I'll be sure to try it out!

Then there's people like me who ended up converting to soak off gel polish to get around my two biggest bug bears with normal polish. I found it really hard to not smudge or ruin my polish somehow before it fully dried (there's always something that can't wait for it to fully dry) and it chipped within a day or two. So now I have a soak off gel collection that takes up half a shelf in my linen cupboard (it's a double cupboard...I think I have a slight addiction :lol:).

I just try not to scuff it. My little one is 20 now(time flys) so I don't have to worry about him. I do have to worry about the 3 fur babies though that are constantly under foot and want petted. Pet hair in polish is a little worse then having to explain why the cat has a small patch of (fill in the color) in their hair.

Reactions: artiemd
I set out everything I might need before I even start painting my nails. So while they're drying I can do different things to pass the time (read, text people, watch TV or a DVD, drink and eat snacks) without messing up my nails.

Still need to find a way to avoid getting cat fur on my toes!

I do things on my laptop, take photos of freshly painted nails ;D or browse new images on Instagram.
I do one hand at a time so I still have a fully operating hand while I wait for my polish to dry.