What do you do when you want a bag for a gift?

akillian24

Flap Happy
Aug 16, 2008
Undoubtedly I will want a bag for my upcoming BDay and/or Christmas Holiday. My DH would be completely deflated if he was relegated to buying a gift card or IOU....

What do ya'll do when helping SOs scout out / track down / buy a bag for you - while keeping some element of surprise intact?

tell him to get a tpf account and talk to us girls :smile:

Pure genius!! LOL

My DH takes so much pride in finding/buying/presenting me with the things he buys - that I have to find a way that he can pull it off if I ever hope to get a bag as a gift. It has to be fun for him too. :smile:

Thanks for the help!!

Do you have an SA you work with? You might give him or her a wish list and then send your DH to that person who can give him options to choose from your list. Almost like registering for a Chanel. Wouldn't that be a great registry!

Jennifer

We go shopping together! I usually "steer" him in the direction of the bag I want, but I also make sure he feels he is helping me pick my bag. He really gets a kick out of being somewhat educated about handbags. I have already begun the process for a Hermes for 2011.

I created an album in facebook and named it as "My Wishlist", then set him as the only viewer and send him weekly updates! :greengrin:

(If he's not on facebook, then create an account for him first! :P)

Haven't encountered this delimma yet... since he has bought me jewelry since the first gift he has ever got for me.. but would love to see what others do... so maybe I can upgrade to a bag... haha~

There is no element of surprise for me. I have to say exactly what I want.

Me too! I'd rather get something I wanted than be let down by a surprise which 99% of time, I don't like. Yes, I've been told I'm difficult to shop for. But really, I think with guys, it's best to tell them what's the exact thing you want. And in most cases, exact direction and the address to the store to get it too.:P

I make a list. If it is a more desirable or rare item, just write that down. My husband knows I work with certain SAs. I'll write their name down too...just to remind him. If the SA is good, she remembers what you like!