What do you do when you love a bag in theory, but not in use?

I had the same problem many of y'all did with the Kristin domed satchel. I ended up returning it. Super cute bag, but just not practical for me. I love satchels, and do enjoy wearing bags satchel style for short periods, but I need a practical shoulder strap also, especially for shopping. The strap on the dome was awkward IMO.

I had the same thought of carrying it for special occasions, but I find shoulder/crossbodies or small clutches better suited for that. You might be the same. I suggest selling it and getting the Molly instead. Get a bag that you know you'll get more use of it.

Alright, I'm in need of your opinions :biggrin:

I have a Teal Domed Satchel; gorgeous bag, really cute, stylish, the whole nine yards. But the last few times that I've carried it, I've been so annoyed by it that I immediately switch out of it when I get back home. Maybe the satchel style isn't for me anymore; I was just out shopping and my arm was hurting by the end of the trip b/c I couldn't find a comfortable way to hold my purse and my shopping bags. I am wishing that the shoulder strap worked better on it. My question is - do I sell it, knowing that if I do, I will never see it again, or do I keep it, and continue to be annoyed every time I use it? I don't know that I want to keep something just because of how exclusive it is knowing that carrying it isn't for me - I am currently leaning towards selling and then turning around and buying a Tourmaline Legacy Molly.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

It is so tough to really love the look of the bag but not how it functions.
I purchased two Carolines, the blue woven and the biege buffed. I thought they were so gorgeous! They sat on my table in the bedroom with their tags on for two weeks and I returned them. They didn't work for me. I found them too large and heavy as a satchel and too awkward (with the large structured base and stiff leather) as a shoulder bag.
It was painful to return them and I still feel pangs every time I look in the Caroline thread. :cry:I only buy bags I will use and don't have a "collection" of bags I don't wear so I made the right choice for me.
It is good to give it a little bit of time and not rush to return just to make sure you won't have regrets later.
Good luck with your decision!:thinking:

I had the same problem many of y'all did with the Kristin domed satchel. I ended up returning it. Super cute bag, but just not practical for me. I love satchels, and do enjoy wearing bags satchel style for short periods, but I need a practical shoulder strap also, especially for shopping. The strap on the dome was awkward IMO.

I had the same thought of carrying it for special occasions, but I find shoulder/crossbodies or small clutches better suited for that. You might be the same. I suggest selling it and getting the Molly instead. Get a bag that you know you'll get more use of it.

I've already got a shopping cart full on Coach.com... window shopping :biggrin:

I purchased two Carolines, the blue woven and the biege buffed. I thought they were so gorgeous! They sat on my table in the bedroom with their tags on for two weeks and I returned them. They didn't work for me. I found them too large and heavy as a satchel and too awkward (with the large structured base and stiff leather) as a shoulder bag.
It was painful to return them and I still feel pangs every time I look in the Caroline thread. :cry:I only buy bags I will use and don't have a "collection" of bags I don't wear so I made the right choice for me.
It is good to give it a little bit of time and not rush to return just to make sure you won't have regrets later.

oooh the Caroline is such a pretty bag, but I'm nowhere near sophisticated enough to carry it! I don't have a "collection", either - makes a lot of sense to just keep what you wear!

This is exactly what happened to me. Loved the blue woven Caroline from the moment I saw the first photo, but when I bought it, it was just too large and the structured shape didn't work for me. I returned it the next day, sadly, but I still love it when I see photos of it.

Sometimes a bag just doesn't work. But there are hundreds of other bags out there that will work.

Sounds like you would not have a hard time selling it. I am still looking at couple of my bags and contemplating selling them because I would probably never get enough use out them. I just don't wear those colors or colors that would go with them.

I like both Dooney and Coach. I have a reg sized Dooney Florentine satchel in natural. Beautiful bag, looks like a Miu Miu, but without the price tag, and I really love the flo leather more than any other. Its strong and thick enough to last years. It however, is a pain to carry. I like Big Bags, but this one is hard to manage. My arm is kind of skinny and not strong so it's hard to manage the little handles on my arm for long (no way long enough for shoulder), and the long strap is very long and bag is large so it bangs against u. I've doubled the straps but it makes the bag drape all weird and won't look right. No outside pockets for my phone either! But...it's beautiful! I carry it on short trips and yes even on these infrequent trips it makes me annoyed! I had thought about returning it before i even carried it because i even knew then! But...it's beautiful! So I will continue to suffer for its beauty! Lol!!! So i understand ur dilemma! Love hate relationships r very hard to get out of!!

I like both Dooney and Coach. I have a reg sized Dooney Florentine satchel in natural. Beautiful bag, looks like a Miu Miu, but without the price tag, and I really love the flo leather more than any other. Its strong and thick enough to last years. It however, is a pain to carry. I like Big Bags, but this one is hard to manage. My arm is kind of skinny and not strong so it's hard to manage the little handles on my arm for long (no way long enough for shoulder), and the long strap is very long and bag is large so it bangs against u. I've doubled the straps but it makes the bag drape all weird and won't look right. No outside pockets for my phone either! But...it's beautiful! I carry it on short trips and yes even on these infrequent trips it makes me annoyed! I had thought about returning it before i even carried it because i even knew then! But...it's beautiful! So I will continue to suffer for its beauty! Lol!!! So i understand ur dilemma! Love hate relationships r very hard to get out of!!
This is why I don't own this bag.

Hahaha! Yea, I wouldn't recommend it unless ur going for looks alone. Anyone that brags how versatile that it is or how much they truly enjoy carrying it I just don't believe. Some people r like that tho...anything they decide to purchase is a wonderful purchase in every way no matter what!

If I loved it I would use it for special occasions. I have a couple I just take to church with me so I can still use them and enjoy looking at them but not be frustrated by trying to live life and use them. If it was just ok I would sell it :smile:

I LOVE the dome satchel. The teal is one that I'm sad I missed out on and would love to have, but that being said I also have had a couple of other bags that I just had to have but functionally they didn't work for me so I sold them. I'd say if you aren't going to use it to sell and find something maybe in a similar color that is more functional for you. Good luck deciding!

For me the bag has to be functional for my lifestyle. I carry shoulder bags, crossbody bags and totes. I have one satchel- Madison Sophia peat which I don't carry often. As much as I love the bag I just prefer a crossbody option.