What do you do when someone fondles your bag?

I probably would have given her a sharp look that said, unequivocally, "Exactly WTF do you think you're doing?!", moved my arm behind my back, and walked away. Sometimes, especially if others are around and I don't want to start a scene, I can say exactly what I want with just a look. (Parents should be familiar with this technique!)

I read this on a pregnancy website.
I hear that some people touch bellies of pregnant ladies without asking. You wouldn't touch a stranger's body parts, why make that exception for pregnant ladies?
If someone touches your bag maybe that gives you license to touch theirs back. If they don't have a bag on them, get into their shirt?
That's a bit extreme, but it's funny to imagine. I'd be too shy to do it though.

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

The very first time I took My 07 Violet Twiggy to work, as soon as I wasn't looking, a coworker took the liberty of trying it on without asking me, I caught her in the act! She quickly put it down, but a couple of hours later, I noticed she must have has something on her hands (I'm a hairdresser, who knows what kind of product she had on her hands- mousse, gel?) Now, there is a darker spot on one handle. It' not noticeable to anyone else, but when I look at that dark spot I get angry still. I stopped talking to my coworker since. People should ASK!!

If she had her hand inside my bag in any way I think I would have either moved the bag and told her to get her hand out....probably in an agitated tone of voice. If she just touched the outside of my bag to feel the leather and complimented me on the bag, I would have thanked her. That SA went way over the line.

I probably would have given her a sharp look that said, unequivocally, "Exactly WTF do you think you're doing?!", moved my arm behind my back, and walked away. Sometimes, especially if others are around and I don't want to start a scene, I can say exactly what I want with just a look. (Parents should be familiar with this technique!)

I'm normally good at giving that look :graucho: But she just caught me so off guard, I stood there with my mouth open. Like this --> :wtf:

:roflmfao:

I'm prepared though in case it happens again with all the tips on this thread :tup: And with my BG city, a lot of people want to touch it and get close to it. Must be Bal's magnetism! Most people ask first though...

I would grab it or move it in a way that forces her to let go (maybe a sudden step back or turn? ) then move it to my other arm. No words necessary. She obviously likes bags, so she should understand the please-don't-put-your-filthy-hand-on-my-bag-turn (or punch haha). :yes:

This is a funny thread. I wouldn't consider myself worldly, but I've lived around a bit. Although ladies have complimented me on my B bags (but no more than other bags), NEVER has anyone done so with an awareness that my bag was anything other than soft. Y'all must live in LA...or in 90210!

^^rubbed her face against ALL your bags??? That is ultra weird! I know I would have pleaded, "Please don't do that" as I would be really shocked.

Yes, and this is before I owned Bal. She did this to my Chanel bags! She was petting them like they were cuddly kittens or puppies. After she left, I very lightly wiped my bags down with clorox wipes... just gently enough to disinfect her from my bags but not harm the leather.

This happened to me! my sister was trying something on at holt renfrew and I was waiting for her and my mom was holding her chanel cambon bag, and the another person in store came up and grabbed my sisters bag and said "is this real?" and continued to open it up..rummage through my sisters belongings to look at the tag!! my mom grabbed the bag back and told her it was none of her business! little did I know that my sister was hiding the watch that they had just picked up for me for my birthday in her bag and that lady almost ruined the suprise...my mom was so mad, and that lady was so rude and obnoxious!!. I couldn't believe she did that, but my mom and sister were more pissed that she almost ruined my birthday present...I can't believe the manners of some people

I was thinking that I was lucky that no strangers touch my bag (yet), but suddenly something occurred to me. I just remembered that I was in Vuitton store once looking at some bag charms. The SA who served me EXAMED my bag charm (which was not a vuitton nor a big brand) while I was looking at other things. Seriously, he lift up my own bag charm, and had several really good look!! Then he put it down and slowly moved on to serve other customers, probably becos he didn't find any brand name he knew on it!

Yeah, I was too shock to respond. (Darn it!) I'll respond accordingly next time!

Honestly, I would be too shock to respond as well!! I usually think of the i-should-have-done-this, 5 minutes after the incident has passed. LOL. If that had happened to me, I would have probably shifted my bag closer to my back, or step away from the SA.

I once had a lady with who i work, that was thoughing an caressing my bag. She stopped when i came in the room. She told me she loved my bag and the way the leather feels. She had clean hands Thank God.
And last week when i was with my mum, i had to carry something heavy for her, she said to me, give me your bag i will cary that. (my new black work) MMm she says what a great size for groceryshoppings, the handles are not to long and its big enough to put a lot of stuf in. She knows the price and she does not care, she is not inpressed by the price only by the bag.
Hugs FX:heart::heart::heart: