What do you do to keep you Damier Ebene Speedy in top shape?

2manybagz

"LUVIN LV"
O.G.
Jun 10, 2009
I haven't been on here for a while, my mother-in-law is in the hospital..We are just waiting it is a matter of time now, nothing left they can do for her.. So prayers are needed.
Anywho, I bought my Damier Ebene Speedy from Bo_a_za, about a year ago new, it was only used twice, but she did say she did put saddle soap on it. I have not put anything on it, I just wipe it down with wipes to get surface dirt off...
Anyway, I have just noticed that the handles have tiny cracks in them,(they were wrinkled when I got it) also some crask at bottom of handles...OH AND the zipper pull is starting to tear, ( no doubt it will come off in time). Also the corners are showing wera too, like they are gonna come through anytime?
Is this normal.???
I paid $650.00 for this, I thought I would be able to use it for 10+ years., because I have 3 speedy 30's; mono, and azur that I do switch off and on with, but the ebene is no doubt my most used one, because of the rain and such....
So is this normal?
Do I need to look into getting it help? lol? before it gets too bad to be fixed...?
This is my favorite bag so I want her to look in top shape....
Please advise?

I will pray for your MIL to have peace and for you to cherish your time with her and enjoy the memories.

As for the bag, I don't do anything to mine. That being said, mine has peeled (the glazing) since a few months in. I actually returned my first bag for the same reason. I was able to live with it the second time around. If it begins to lift where I can see it, I just trim it with a pair of nail nippers.

As far as the tear, I just recommend taking the bag into repair. They may keep it for a few weeks. The glazing should be free but they may charge you for the zipper pull....if your store is big enough, it may be something they could do in store.

DSC02772.jpg

If you look at the top of the handle on the right side, you will see a little flit of glazing that has peeled and is sticking up. This happens throughout the underside of the handles. There is minimal wrinkling (as you can see in the pic as well)on the underside but it is nothing wrong with it though, but I'm sure that may be due to the weight of whatever is in your bag. It would last, but will take some maintenance

Good luck

I will pray for your MIL to have peace and for you to cherish your time with her and enjoy the memories.

As for the bag, I don't do anything to mine. That being said, mine has peeled (the glazing) since a few months in. I actually returned my first bag for the same reason. I was able to live with it the second time around. If it begins to lift where I can see it, I just trim it with a pair of nail nippers.

As far as the tear, I just recommend taking the bag into repair. They may keep it for a few weeks. The glazing should be free but they may charge you for the zipper pull....if your store is big enough, it may be something they could do in store.

DSC02772.jpg

If you look at the top of the handle on the right side, you will see a little flit of glazing that has peeled and is sticking up. This happens throughout the underside of the handles. There is minimal wrinkling (as you can see in the pic as well)on the underside but it is nothing wrong with it though, but I'm sure that may be due to the weight of whatever is in your bag. It would last, but will take some maintenance

Good luck

Thanks so much,
I appreciate it..
Unfortunately there is not LV store near me, I purchase strictly online.
So I think I might have to send it to an alternate place...like love my bags??
Not Sure what to do.

Thanks so much,
I appreciate it..
Unfortunately there is not LV store near me, I purchase strictly online.
So I think I might have to send it to an alternate place...like love my bags??
Not Sure what to do.

Oh I wouldn't do that. I have tried that before and didn't fair well. My bag ended up having the same problem (and it was a glue/glaze) so I truly did not get what I paid for. Although you may incur shipping cost, letting them fix it is much more effective in the end.

If there is not an LV in your state, pick the next state closest to you and develop a relationship with an SA there, before I had one near me I used to always order from a Texas location -----never online. I actually picked them because they always got the limited items I was interested in, and when they didn't have them, I contacted a store in VA. My items have always been shipped well and expeditiously.i have only used my local for about two years.

Good luck