What do you do if you lose one of the earrings (costume jewelry)?

shyviolet

O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
Hi everyone

I am not really sure if anyone has posted a topic related to this...

But what do you do if you're left with only one of your costume jewellery earrings?

Do you find another pair of the same kind?

Can chanel make one for you? Wishful thinking I suppose

Others?

I'm just sad I lost one yesterday and I'm trying to cheer up by posting this thread

Thanks!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406069400.605454.jpg

Hi everyone

I am not really sure if anyone has posted a topic related to this...

But what do you do if you're left with only one of your costume jewellery earrings?

Do you find another pair of the same kind?

Can chanel make one for you? Wishful thinking I suppose

Others?

I'm just sad I lost one yesterday and I'm trying to cheer up by posting this thread

Thanks!View attachment 2694439
Sorry this happened to you. Very pretty earrings!

When I am left with only one half, I just leave it in my jewelry box and hope that the mate will miraculously appear. Over a period of time if it still hasn't appeared (e.g. Found a replacement pair or the mate is found), I'll throw it out.

Awh, this is sad but maybe you will find the match! Do you remember the places you went to the day it went missing? Also, I know nowhere would cover anything if someone just lost an earring, but what about repairs? Like what if you lost a stone on one or the back piece broke? I would really like to know the answer, incase it happens to me, because it prob will one day?

Sorry this happened to you. Very pretty earrings!

When I am left with only one half, I just leave it in my jewelry box and hope that the mate will miraculously appear. Over a period of time if it still hasn't appeared (e.g. Found a replacement pair or the mate is found), I'll throw it out.

Thank you! Unfortunately I lost it on my way to class :sad: I placed it in my pencil case I guess it was thrown out while getting my train card.
I tried looking for it on the way back but I was not lucky ...

It's just sad coz its my usual earrings, its simple and small.
Now everytime I go to the boutique nothing is simple enough to be an everyday earrings (melbourne) and I dont want to go to the boutique weekly just to browse (as I did previously in the last country I lived in, before I chanced on this)

Awh, this is sad but maybe you will find the match! Do you remember the places you went to the day it went missing? Also, I know nowhere would cover anything if someone just lost an earring, but what about repairs? Like what if you lost a stone on one or the back piece broke? I would really like to know the answer, incase it happens to me, because it prob will one day?

There is a thread on repairs, I think some earring stones can be replaced if it is a classic design produced yearly but I think some are not repairable and if you bought one within the warranty you can get it replaced if it is a quality issue :smile: you can search for the thread just to be sure...
I was searching for it coz I've been thinking if I want to buy earrings with stones :smile:

So sorry to hear that you lost one of this pretty earring.

Just a thought, your earring is of a very classic design. Perhaps, you can match it with another all-gold classic-looking one? Say, a simple gold stud? Or even a dangly gold earring? The asymmetrical look for earrings can be quite chic and interesting. :P

Just a thought, your earring is of a very classic design. Perhaps, you can match it with another all-gold classic-looking one? Say, a simple gold stud? Or even a dangly gold earring? The asymmetrical look for earrings can be quite chic and interesting. :P

+1
I would never throw out the earring.
I have even put them on scarves.

I've had them lost and sadly, bought another pair (and not just with Chanel cj earrings...I once lost one of my tiffany & co. plat/diamond earrings and had to do the same). I love the idea of wearing it on a scarf or clothing, and I agree the asymmetrical look is very chic. Have you seen some of the Betsey Johnson jewelry that she used to make? It's a fun and edgy look. Chanel makes simple earrings every year, so I'm sure if you want a new pair you'll be able to find one, but they won't make up another earring to match your lost one. So now you have a very special Chanel tiny brooch!!!

I always keep odd earrings as broaches! They look so cute on lapels/collars. Or under between the top two button holes on a shirt.

You could also wear it in one ear and a long hanging earring in the other. That balance always looks good.

This year seems to be a one earring year. Everyone I see around wears only one of those Givenchy tooth things or one of the Dior Boucle earrings. So I am pretty sure it will still have use!

I always keep odd earrings as broaches! They look so cute on lapels/collars. Or under between the top two button holes on a shirt.

You could also wear it in one ear and a long hanging earring in the other. That balance always looks good.

This year seems to be a one earring year. Everyone I see around wears only one of those Givenchy tooth things or one of the Dior Boucle earrings. So I am pretty sure it will still have use!

Yes! Givenchy sells single earrings, just got a tusk earring myself. You should find on that strikes a good balance with this one. It's more of a trendy/ pinky look but I like it!

Just a thought, your earring is of a very classic design. Perhaps, you can match it with another all-gold classic-looking one? Say, a simple gold stud? Or even a dangly gold earring? The asymmetrical look for earrings can be quite chic and interesting.

Thanks JuzOneMore :smile:...I'm not sure if I can pull it off though...

I've had them lost and sadly, bought another pair (and not just with Chanel cj earrings...I once lost one of my tiffany & co. plat/diamond earrings and had to do the same). I love the idea of wearing it on a scarf or clothing, and I agree the asymmetrical look is very chic. Have you seen some of the Betsey Johnson jewelry that she used to make? It's a fun and edgy look. Chanel makes simple earrings every year, so I'm sure if you want a new pair you'll be able to find one, but they won't make up another earring to match your lost one. So now you have a very special Chanel tiny brooch!!!

Thanks tutushopper :smile:
No idea who Betsey Johnson is ... sorry... but I'll google her?/the company?

made it to become a necklace! ;)

Thanks Momokou. It would be nice...except I have lost more necklace than I can remember... so it is a bad idea for me :smile:

Thanks MapleLuxe :smile:... Not familiar with the Givenchy and the Dior earrings... I'll google it

Yes! Givenchy sells single earrings, just got a tusk earring myself. You should find on that strikes a good balance with this one. It's more of a trendy/ pinky look but I like it!

Thanks mmchav... may I know where you bought your Givenchy? :smile:

:tpfrox::ty: