What do you do for a living and where do you store your MK at work???

Mrs. Mac

Purse Queen
Dec 11, 2008
I've seen this thread in the other forums and would LOVE to hear about this in our new forum!!!! I am an accountant in a formal business office, and I share an office with 3 other women. I have my own large file cabinet, and I cleaned out one of the drawers in it to store my purse while I am at work. I even lined the drawer with dust bags so it is nice and "soft" for my purse to be....ahem....comfortable :nuts:!!!!!!!!!! I think if anyone ever opened up that drawer they would think I was INSANE!!!! But, all of you will understand! Would love to hear from more MK girls what your job is, and where you store your purse there!!!!

My purse stays by my side all day. I am in different offices all the time. Otherwise, my bags are sitting beside me at my home office.

Quite often I work from home for days at a time. I still switch out my bags to suit my mood or my outfit for the day.

:choochoo:

Last edited:
Office Manager/Executive Asssistant and I keep my purse on a chair in my office. I work with a bunch of ex-navy men, right now I'm the only woman in the office so I don't really have to worry about it. We are a small office right now and need badge access to get in. I guess if things changed and we had more people in the office that I didn't know so well I would start keeping it in a filing cabinet drawer too.

Oh yeah - I also work part time twice a week in a retail ladies store, and then I have to keep my bag in a stupid small locker which always worres me a bit - I'm always afraid I'll scratch my bags putting them in and taking them out - I am always super careful and try to not have to access my bag during my shift if I can avoid it.

I only work one day at week (am in school the other Monday through Thursdays) and I work at a law office as a receptionist. I just leave my bag on my desk. The desk is pretty big so there is always a place on the counter top to put it. If I'm using a really big bag, I'll just put it on the floor. Our office is carpeted so I'm not too worried about it getting dirty. I kind of throw my bags around. Oops!

And I work at Macy's every now and then with mom, but we have to use those hideous clear bags, so I don't have worry about taking care of that one because I really don't care!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, but have been a tpf'er for awhile. I am a counselor at a community college in Tucson, AZ. Fortunately, I have a desk where I can lock up all of my "babies" to keep them safe and secure. We have, unfortunately, had several thefts in the last year and I feel very grateful that my things have remained my own (as opposed to someone else's). This is a great way to get to know people...thanks for starting this up Mrs. Mac!

City worker so I keep my bag in my locker everyday. I carry it with me when I have my lunch / dinner, but otherwise, it is safe and secure in my locker :smile:!

I am SO jealous of those of you who have an extra chair to put your purse on.....or extra desk space.....I could use THREE more desks at work and I still dont think I would have enough room for whatever "project" of the day I am doing!!!! and to have an extra chair for my purse to sit...that would be heaven! My office is nice and plush with brand new carpeting, brand new desks/chairs/etc......but all I have to store my purse is this file cabinet.....and I dread having to put my purse in there all day....but....I must say....when I open up that drawer to get it out....OMG....the smell of leather lights up the area!!!!!! :smile:

I am a detective and work on a task force, housed in the office of a federal agency (such a nice office, I am so spoiled). I have a good sized cubicle with an extra chair for my MK! To be honest, I get a bit miffed when people try to move it to sit down. :P

I'm a software developer and telecommute from my home office since the company I work for is in another state. LOVE working from home - matter of fact I'm at work right now and still in my pajamas. ;)
So my bag just sits in the kitchen or on the foyer table like it always does when I'm not working.

I am an office manager. My office has a huge walk in storage closet attatched. I have a small 3 drawer file cabinet right inside the door to the closet. I always put my purse on top of that. I keep it clean so I can place it there. ;) Sometimes I hang it on my coat hook in the closet if I need it out of the way.

I am an Insurance Broker Executive and I have a private office with an Armoire in it so I store my designer bags in the Armoire where it is stored safely during working hours.

I'm a hotel GM. I have my own office, so I keep it on my counter. Since the company's server is in my office as is the safe, I lock my office whenever I leave it anyway. I'm always in our restaurant or pool area running around.