What do you collect (besides purses)?

Deborahsue

Feb 4, 2006
I have six bags of various types -- but that's not a collection.

I have several hundred art books that I treasure and refer to all the time -- but it's not really a collection either -- just a group of books I acquired over time to educate and inspire myself.

Also have a few paintings I love and would love to have more -- but hardly a collection.

A collection is usually built deliberately, with the intent of bringing together many high quality examples of something.

Are you working on any kind of collection? Shoes? cookbooks? jewelry? please share . . .

Hmmm....I would say I collect dust!!!! LOL! J/K!

I collect artwork, tennis racquets, makeup (b/c I'm an addict). Not sure if this qualifies as a collection but I'm OBSESSED about buying new work out clothes. I LOOOOOVE Under Armor :love: :love: :love: ! I have so many shirts/shorts by them.

I collect miniature bottles of perfume. You know, the small 5 ml ones that look exactly like the big version. They're oh-so-cute! I haven't added any to my collection in a long time though, because I keep thinking the money would be better spent on other things (ie purses! heehe)

Roosters. I have a very eclectic collection of rooster decor in my kitchen (mostly plates, pictures, embroideries, trivets). My favorite is an embroidery on silk that my in-laws brought back from their trip to China. It's gorgeous!

Books. I love books, I have probably close to 5,000 all total. I read between 75 and 100 books a year, and I buy at least 6-12 a month. I dream of building my own home library one day. It's probably a good thing I want to be a professor at least I can use "research" as the reason why books have taken over my apartment. I really want to start collecting rare and first edition books, but haven't started yet.

Russian culture stuff. My family is Russian, it was one of my majors in college, it's what I'm getting my Master's in and I lived there for three months. I collect the matryoshka dolls, lacquer boxes, soviet era artifacts, Christmas ornaments, books, pictures, amber jewelry, everything!

Glasses. Yeah, like drinking glass. No, I don't get it either, I just can't help buying drinking glasses. I have four different sets of margarita glasses alone, three sets of regular drinking glasses and my boyfriend has expressively prohibited anyone from buying me mugs or allowing me to buy mugs when I'm with them.

I collect scarves. I have about 100, I love them. Some of them I have considered framing and hanging up on the wall. I love them. I also collect books, especially art and fashion books.

I love jewelry in addition to bags, but I guess that is not really considered a collection. I do collect bookmarks. When I travel I always buy a bookmark from wherever I go. They don't take up much room, which is why I decided to collect them, and when I use them they remind me of the fabulous trips I took.

Stamps. :biggrin: just kidding. heh
I collect books. I love books and I love reading, and just like Jillybean I would so love to have my very own library in my house. It'll happen, I'm confidant. hehe

Shoes, I do love those shoes. Books is another huge love of mine.

And I collect computers, also gets up there in the pricey range.