What do you call this haircut? (help needed)

Bambie

Kelly!watchthestars
Mar 11, 2007
So, in the past I have asked for a "layered cut with a side parting" and all they do is cut a top layer with a curved/diagonal parting... I keep switching hairdressers because nobody seems to understand what I want. I am living in the UK so maybe it has a different name here...? Do you think it's worth taking the photo to the salon? I don't want to look silly. My most sincere THANKS in advance.

I don't know what it's called either, but it looks so pretty. I have no shame in printing out a picture and bringing it to my stylist. I've done it before. This way I'm almost sure that I'll get exactly what I want, and they have a visual in case I can't explain it right (which usually I can't, lol).

i always bring a picture. last time, when i went from long to short hair i even brought my laptop to show my stylist a picture... i know my stylist appriciates the pictures because she knows exactly what i want, and i leave happy.

dont feel silly bringing in a photo! I once brought my whole laptop in with me because didnt want the printer to distort the hair color i wanted to show my stylist! A photo will help you and your styist be on the same page, and you can finally get the cut youve been aiming for :yes:

BRING PHOTOS! both of what you want and what you definitely DON'T want. it's the best way avoid miscommunications with your stylist. it's supemely important when using a new stylist.....but i still bring photos to my stylist of two years, even when i'm just getting the same cut i got last time. i haven't had a bad cut or wrong color since i started doing this five years ago (knock on wood).

Ok girls thank you SO MUCH. I have now booked my appointment... hopefully bringing the photo will work. I will be letting you know how it went... thanks again!!!