What do you call this haircut? (help needed)

Bambie

Kelly!watchthestars
Mar 11, 2007
So, in the past I have asked for a "layered cut with a side parting" and all they do is cut a top layer with a curved/diagonal parting... I keep switching hairdressers because nobody seems to understand what I want. I am living in the UK so maybe it has a different name here...? Do you think it's worth taking the photo to the salon? I don't want to look silly. My most sincere THANKS in advance.

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
the Northeast
Dont know, but I love it! I love the stacking on the side. I might have to print this off...I've been looking for a new cut for my long hair!

itsnicole

Aug 3, 2006
I don't know what it's called either, but it looks so pretty. I have no shame in printing out a picture and bringing it to my stylist. I've done it before. This way I'm almost sure that I'll get exactly what I want, and they have a visual in case I can't explain it right (which usually I can't, lol).

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
its a long layered cut. the layers around the face are" long face framing layers".
you should print the pic and bring it w/you!

to_the_nines

May 10, 2007
Somewhere in the desert
i always bring a picture. last time, when i went from long to short hair i even brought my laptop to show my stylist a picture... i know my stylist appriciates the pictures because she knows exactly what i want, and i leave happy.

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
Highland, Maryland
its a long layered cut. the layers around the face are" long face framing layers".
you should print the pic and bring it w/you!
Yes, that would be a good idea. We all interpret words differently so the picture should clear up any misunderstandings. It's a great hair cut!

Corrinne

bad spellers untie!
Nov 2, 2006
at the Beauty Bar
dont feel silly bringing in a photo! I once brought my whole laptop in with me because didnt want the printer to distort the hair color i wanted to show my stylist! A photo will help you and your styist be on the same page, and you can finally get the cut youve been aiming for :yes:

ilzabet

easily amused
Mar 11, 2006
side of the sea
www.myspace.com
BRING PHOTOS! both of what you want and what you definitely DON'T want. it's the best way avoid miscommunications with your stylist. it's supemely important when using a new stylist.....but i still bring photos to my stylist of two years, even when i'm just getting the same cut i got last time. i haven't had a bad cut or wrong color since i started doing this five years ago (knock on wood).

alexis77

Adopt a Greyhound!
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
def take a photo! it helps the stylist get a better visual of the look you are after.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
I agree that you should bring the picture with you!

Around here they would call that long layers, angled around the face.

Bambie

Kelly!watchthestars
Mar 11, 2007
Ok girls thank you SO MUCH. I have now booked my appointment... hopefully bringing the photo will work. I will be letting you know how it went... thanks again!!!