What do you bring on the airplane to entertain yourself?

i bring books.. n now, I have a gameboy advanced so I will definitel be bringing it.... I read mostly and sleep though.. but for 72 hours, I think u would need variety of things, even music I am guessing..

buy a couple of magazines at the airport. I try to sleep while I'm on the plane so magazines usually last me through the whole flight (short or long).

I always bring magazines and a good book. A portable DVD player is always good to bring along. My hubby hates to fly and usually just falls asleep - so he's no fun. I'm goofy though, I actually LIKE looking out the window when the plane is flying low enough to see the landscape! But I love to fly! I'd fly to the grocery store every week if I could! ;)

On my last flight, I brought my beloved Marron Fonce Birkin 30 to entertain myself. During the flight, I let it sit on my lap as I fondled and stroked the Chevre de Coromandel leather. I liked when the silver palladium hardware gleamed as the sunlight shone through the window.

I have ADHD when it comes to flights. But I am blessed (or cursed) with the ability to fall asleep in any situation so I usually end up bringing some trashy magazines (more for waiting to board) and a couple of books, all while listening to my ipod. And then I fall asleep like 15 minutes into a flight. I used to bring my gameboy, but then I felt that my eyes were getting strained with it.

I watch movies or Japanese/Korean soaps :heart: on my laptop for 5+ hour flights. Time flies by so fast but I think I get strange looks from neighboring people b`cuz I tend to get very emotional (aka I'm usually bawling my eyes out) watching those dramas :shame:.

I rarely sleep when I fly, too. I always bring 2 or 3 books with me, and a super fat magazine like Vogue or Vanity Fair.

Maybe bring a portable DVD player, like print*model suggested? Or if you have a laptop with a DVD player in it, that works, too :amuse: