Chanel 22 bag Club!

same I got the pink one in the first batch of Chanel 22 - after watching the videos and coming to this forum I got paranoid and went to look for ‘flaws’ in my bag, which I had used multiple times since getting it in April. Thankfully so far everything is all good. I am not picky, but I’m also not careful as well with my things. I had brought it on a few trips, placed it on the floor, carried heavy things in it before as well. So really it’s a miracle that nothing has peeled yet and it still looked as good as new.
3EC8B9EC-8BF9-4F24-BD17-E7CB4029A0F6.jpeg4C333111-C7B9-4C47-9BB1-57E7B892C019.jpegA2690090-D4BB-4375-BDED-7F62950C9F4D.jpeg

same I got the pink one in the first batch of Chanel 22 - after watching the videos and coming to this forum I got paranoid and went to look for ‘flaws’ in my bag, which I had used multiple times since getting it in April. Thankfully so far everything is all good. I am not picky, but I’m also not careful as well with my things. I had brought it on a few trips, placed it on the floor, carried heavy things in it before as well. So really it’s a miracle that nothing has peeled yet and it still looked as good as new.
That's such a pretty pink color! I noticed from 1st hand experience the leather used on this bag varies from thin, shiny plastic leather to less shiny, thick, supple leather. Yours appears to be the latter so I'm not surprised that it's holding up quite well. My friend bought one in black and hers has very thin leather and it peeled after a week.

View attachment 5580878View attachment 5580888View attachment 5580872
Yummy!! We are twins!

Hey guys, I feel obligated to report. I do now see some peeling on my chanel 22 inside the chain. After 1 month on-and-off use. Not sure what can be done as we don’t have chanel in my country. In the meantime I‘ll continue using her.

View attachment 5579481
Arg, sorry to hear. Would you say the leather on your bag is thick? Or, like others are saying, the smooth, shinier and thinner 22 seems to be the ones peeling?

Yours looks like thicker leather based on this pic, but it’s a close up on a small part of the bag so it may be hard to tell. What‘s weird is the YouTuber with the metallic ones that’s cracking / peeling seem to have a thicker ‘leather‘ one, but hers has lots of natural wrinkles.

View attachment 5580878View attachment 5580888View attachment 5580872
love this pink. didn't manage to get this. bought caramel one in the end :smile:

Reactions: loves
I love mine so much I want to get a third. I don’t inspect my bags and don’t really intend to so I can’t update on wear. But so far so good, I see no issues. Mine is from the second batch , dark pink and purple.
My only “issue” is I don’t get the beautiful leather smell, it smells kind of chemically to me ( vs heavenly leather from new cars or out of a Hermes box)

After almost 2 weeks of daily use
Including work and weekends
I just did a thorough bag check and so far no scratches or peeling of leather yet, even the internal parts where the chain would touch it at the pressure points.
I have used the bag to carry heavy stuff and even some groceries last weekend.

I guess I got lucky and am in the minority here… fingers crossed it will continue to hold up… so far I am very happy with the 22 bag.

I will continue to post updates in the future

57147221-CE34-419B-9948-4F1CA8D448A3.jpeg

Arg, sorry to hear. Would you say the leather on your bag is thick? Or, like others are saying, the smooth, shinier and thinner 22 seems to be the ones peeling?

Yours looks like thicker leather based on this pic, but it’s a close up on a small part of the bag so it may be hard to tell. What‘s weird is the YouTuber with the metallic ones that’s cracking / peeling seem to have a thicker ‘leather‘ one, but hers has lots of natural wrinkles.
I zoomed in / magnified the pic to get a better look on the inside. So the leather may appear thick. I would say mine is more standard thickness.

Reactions: dbcelly