What Do You All Think Of Red Bags?

I LOVE red bags! I've never seen a woman with a red bag who doesn't look great. But I've never bought one for myself. I always play it safe and buy neutral colors. Some day I'll take the plunge!

Every woman should have at least one red bag.

I do not have a complete Red Bag Wardrobe, I especially lack that fuschia one, I have more True Red ones probably than I need. Oh erase that. What am I thinking! Of course I need them all!

Anyway, if you do not have a red bag, you should obtain at least one immediately.

ShimmaPuff, you are my kind of gal! You do need all those True Red Bags, every single one of 'em. Plus a few more.

I hope you won't take offense at this, especially since we may be related, but that bag looks like it needs a head.

hahaha! Actually I'm having second thoughts about that bag. I'm not sure about the red; it seems kind of washed out in the pic.

Regarding our kinship, tell me, ShimmaPuff, do you love rabbits?

I love color too, but until now the boldest red I have is Bordeaux...however I just purchased this beauty on ebay and am excited for my lipstick Celine to arrive!

Attachments

• celine.JPG
    celine.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 38
Every woman should have at least one red bag. Red is really a pseudo-neutral, for some people it is a Total and Official Neutral, and for others, red is their True Neutral (I did a long rambling rant on people's True Neutrals a while ago, it is around here somewhere, wherever they keep the yesterrants)

Anyway, at least one, with classic lines, doesn't matter if it is expensive or cheap or what company makes it, whether it is leather or unleather or fabric or punched tin or driftwood. Classic and red are the operative adjectives.

That red bag should be as refreshingly candid, bright and true red as you can get, BUT if you can afford it, ideally you should have a Red Bag Wardrobe, which would include, in addition to that flagship anchor basic True Red bag, another one that leans toward brick or rust, and another one that leans toward the fuschia family, on the way to magenta's house for raspberries but not quite there. And another one of a deeper, darker red, blood on steroids red.

And you should choose them all paying close attention to how each one works with your skin, eyes and hair.

I do not have a complete Red Bag Wardrobe, I especially lack that fuschia one, I have more True Red ones probably than I need. Oh erase that. What am I thinking! Of course I need them all!

Anyway, if you do not have a red bag, you should obtain at least one immediately.

I'm liking that "Red Bag Wardrobe" idea of yours. I am looking at the Valentino Histoire patent bag from Saks (in red) and was just thinking that perhaps I already have too many red handbags....hhhmmm...now with that idea of yours....may be not!:biggrin: