what do you all know about the crystal birkins

On top of that, they cost $495! I personally think they look someone's daughter got a hold of some elmer's glue, plastic crystals, and went to town on mommy's birkin.

-2.jpg

:throwup:

doreen joy i personally do not like theese bags but the gabor comment i was:lolots: once told i looked like joan collins and zaza gabor all together in dynasty featuring liz taylor so your comment truly made me fall of my chair i loved it darling so old hollywood us jewel over dooers jajajajajajajajajajajaj

We could be the Gabor sisters doreenjoy :queen::queen:

although even me and Lady G might have a hard time co-ordinating this purse with our headgear - too matchy matchy :nuts:

:lolots: I love those smilies. A friend of mine told me last week, "If you owned a tiara, you'd wear it to lunch." I do like my sparklies.

doreen joy i personally do not like theese bags but the gabor comment i was:lolots: once told i looked like joan collins and zaza gabor all together in dynasty featuring liz taylor so your comment truly made me fall of my chair i loved it darling so old hollywood us jewel over dooers jajajajajajajajajajajaj

Hah, that's hilarious. Liz Taylor is another lady whose jewels I covet. Remember that fabulous natural pearl that Richard Burton bought her? I heard Liz's dog chewed it up! :nuts:

yes la peregrina but now its a scandal piece because it has been stated by the spanish royal familly that they have the true peregrina !!!!! so who knows but anyway dear great comment cant explain the fun !

yes la peregrina but now its a scandal piece because it has been stated by the spanish royal familly that they have the true peregrina !!!!! so who knows but anyway dear great comment cant explain the fun !

Many people think that "fake" rumour was started by the Spanish royals because they lost the auction to Richard Burton. ;)

And the la peregrina was almost swallowed by Elizabeth Taylor's dog but thankfully he spit it out. lol.:graucho:

Sorry to be OT...back to the crystal birkin. I think if Hermes produced a birkin adorned with colorful semi-precious stones there would be a major clamor for it, like you wouldn't believe.

I am mixed about this. I really kind of liked it in the picture with the biker leather jacket.

these look so much like Birkins I'm surprised Hermes doesn't shut them down.

I think the way that particular bag is put together, it's incredibly gaudy, but you know what, I like the underlying concept!

If Hermes were to do some kind of similar embellishment design in some appropriately classic and understated way, I'd totally be game.

Sorry to be OT...back to the crystal birkin. I think if Hermes produced a birkin adorned with colorful semi-precious stones there would be a major clamor for it, like you wouldn't believe.

Possibly, but it would look classy and not cheap/like a child had done it.

I think the way that particular bag is put together, it's incredibly gaudy, but you know what, I like the underlying concept!

If Hermes were to do some kind of similar embellishment design in some appropriately classic and understated way, I'd totally be game.

Hermes showed a studded Kelly on the latest catwalk - so you could say it was an embellished design. As far I know it was for the catwalk only, but my SA said she had loads of enquiries from people wanting to buy one.

Okay, this may be sacreligious, but I kind of like them - in certain color combos. But I do always go for bling - and quite often a little too much bling. These are not technically "fakes" because they don't hold themselves out as Birkins. They are knock-offs, or as some would say, "inspired by". Designers copy each other all the time - compare the LV Alma to the H Bolide! Hence the saying "all fashion is derivative".