What do y'all think about the Balenciaga SS23 & Adidas collab "teddy" controversy?

What's your take in the Balenciaga teddy bear controversay?

• It's harmless

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • It's disgusting

Votes: 553 76.7%
  • It's just to garner attention - Balenciaga being Balenciaga

Votes: 94 13.0%
  • I don't know what to think

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • What controversay? (links in post)

Votes: 5 0.7%

• Total voters
Bears repeating!
We'd like to leave this thread open, but political conspiracy theories, among other comments need to stop. Discuss the topic only please, let's keep the discussion open and all responses to others need to remain respectful.

Also, let’s stick closely to topic, it really helps preventing tangents and drama.

Last edited:
The Hermes Collier de Chien form, with a circular ring and studs, is well known to have originated with intention in a dog collar design nearly a hundred years ago. For dogs.

I suppose this is the wrong time to admit that I used to use an H dog collar to anchor a scarf as a top in H subforum. No one on TPF scarf threads ever told me about any of this. . .

The tiret is also a form of ring motif that Hermes repeats throughout its collections.

If I had any balenciaga bags or other stuff, I would put it away for awhile and see how I felt about it later.

From a brand recovery perspective, I would have felt much better about the brand if they got rid of the creatives that thought this up, and sincerely apologized. The fact that the creative seems to fixate on children’s images, there are no words.

ETA: is the term ring of O connected to Pauline Reages book, A Story of O? I will confess, decades ago, the book really horrified me, and I could not keep reading

Last edited:
calm down, my dear. If you had read my - manifold! - posts here, you would have seen that the post you quoted was just a side comment to a long series of explanatory posts, why we find in the pictures with the teddy bears NO punk but Bdsm. I'm not the enemy.
First off I am not your dear so do not call me that.

Second off I was not angry about the photo being posted simply responding to your comment above the photo you posted because that is how public message boards work. Not sure why you think I was worked up about it but thats on your end.

Again not punk, moving on....

Reactions: SakuraSakura
The flight logs aren’t evidence of a crime. I want the client list. I agree it is highly unlikely to result in criminal charges (sadly). But like Balenciaga, the public exposure of these people is what I’m looking for.

There are so many who worship at the alter of Hollywood, political figures, and others considered in the upper echelons of society when in fact many are rapists, pedophiles, murderers, etc. But they made a funny movie or agree with me on politics or they dress fashionably and attend the Met Gala, so ignorance is bliss.
The flight logs are a list - the names of passengers are listed. There are names in the documents that have been and are continuously being released by the court in Florida. Not sure what more info you think “a list” is.

The flight logs are a list - the names of passengers are listed. There are names in the documents that have been and are continuously being released by the court in Florida. Not sure what more info you think “a list” is.
I don’t think everyone who flew with him or took a photo with him knew or participated in illegal activity. I do think there’s a record of those who actively participated in child sexual assault. Epstein and Maxwell could also spill and/or corroborate. But Epstein was killed before that could happen. Maxwell isn’t speaking - for now. She knows she’d be killed quickly if she does. It will never come out because of who’s involved and their standing in society.

I think that we tend to blow things out of proportion. The so called bondage gear is no different than looking at works by Tom of Finland.

Honestly I really found the campaign a brilliant social commentary particularly about us.

Often art speaks more about us than the artist themselves. Similar flap over the Mapplethorpe stuff back in the 1980s.Re- Tom by
I think that we tend to blow things out of proportion. The so called bondage gear is no different than looking at works by Tom of Finland.

Honestly I really found the campaign a brilliant social commentary particularly about us.

Often art speaks more about us than the artist themselves. Similar flap over the Mapplethorpe stuff back in the 1980s.
Isn't Tom by Finland homoerotic art - masculine men? Are children used ? Are you referring to the Mapplethorpe film opening in Tribeca a few years ago? If so, I don't see the connection..I think you are down playing the use of children being the offensive element.

Isn't Tom by Finland homoerotic art - masculine men? Are children used ? Are you referring to the Mapplethorpe film opening in Tribeca a few years ago? If so, I don't see the connection..I think you are down playing the use of children being the offensive element.
Yes it is of grown men. Tom of Finland to my knowledge did not do any art featuring children.

His art is very different from this.

Last edited:
I was sexually abused at age 4 (for many years). I am now, proudly, a “normal” 40 year old adult who has made peace with her past but to see the look on those children’s eyes was very hurtful… something I know first hand what lies behind. What a heartbreak to know what those kids are really going through. This is no mistake, they are testing us; how much more can they push us? Where are we morally? Do we see what is hidden in plain sight? And this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Don’t have answers but I have questions and that is a start!