What do/would you give up for your CLs?

crazzee_shopper

Now a Mrs.
Jan 13, 2010
While I was driving to work today, I told myself... "I need to stop purchasing shoes for awhile."

Low and behold, an hour or so into work, I now can add another pair to my exponentially increasing collection.

I'm not getting myself in debt. I am still allocating funds towards necessities (food, water, shelter) and savings. BUT it seems like my entire "FUN" account has been primarily for shoes.

Money that I normally spent towards my monthly deep tissue, mani/pedi, books, dvds, etc have all gone towards shoes.

Am I ok with it? Of course! But maybe I should book an appointment with my beloved MT soon.

So what do you or would you give up to budget yourself for a pair of CLs?

That's a good question...
For example I had a dress (2 months ago) that I have sold for my Lima's! The point is the dress was absolultly gorgeous and made me feel like a princess :lol:

Honestly, I can't even answer this question clearly :shame:

I do give up cable TV (ok, I don't watch TV much anyway) and dyeing my hair so that I have more money to put into the "fun" fund. I would give up eating out as often as I do and luxury beauty products if I had to. And if things really got tight I would clean out all of my old designer clothing through consignment or eBay that I don't wear but can't bear the thought of parting with.

I've considered selling my wedding dress for shoes because what the hell am I ever going to do with it? But I am a sentimental fool and I hold on.

I do give up cable TV (ok, I don't watch TV much anyway) and dyeing my hair so that I have more money to put into the "fun" fund. I would give up eating out as often as I do and luxury beauty products if I had to. And if things really got tight I would clean out all of my old designer clothing through consignment or eBay that I don't wear but can't bear the thought of parting with.

I've considered selling my wedding dress for shoes because what the hell am I ever going to do with it? But I am a sentimental fool and I hold on.

Amen!!! :lol:

Well I dont really give up anything BUT I dont spend crazy amount $$ on my clothing / bags * except the ones dbf's got for me and surely thats bout to change ..if i spend more on bags on a particular month then no shoes kwim ? * and all the other stuff .. i have "spending money " allocated each month after paying all expenses :smile:

I park at a cheaper parking lot further from my office.
I RARELY ever eat out for lunch...mainly lean pockets, leftovers, and when I do go out its cheap.
I have an older car 2001, because my bf and I both have cars, and live right on a bus route 10 minutes from the office that we both work at...I never feel bad buying shoes b/c if I wanted I could have a 250+ car payment instead to "keep up with the jones's"
I never purchase coffee (ie! starbucks) I dont smoke, so I dont have that expense.

Although I do have other vices like eating out and the bar and of course shoes, I try to cut out the extras that I dont really love and enjoy.

I also try to donate a lot and treat people very generously, so I think if i reward myself equally Im ok.

I color my own hair rather than get it done professionally (if you ask me, it looks better now that it did before) ;)
I also do my own pedis rather than the bi weekly pedis I used to get. I take my lunch to work rather than my daily trip to the deli or cafe down the street. I shop less frequently but by higher end stuff when I do so I think that makes it a wash.

Hmmmm :thinking:, I try (try) to do one in one out... but I do go on spurts where I go months without in and BAM! 4 pairs... happened in Jan (Som1's, Rouge Bianca's, Marron Glace Bianca's and Jaws)... I was good in February and BAM!!! Again 4 this month (Black Bianca's, Choc Altadama, Red Eel Altadama and Hardwick Bianca)!

I sold my Pigalles, Blue Cobalt YSL Tributes, Black YSL Tributes, Magenta Ron Ron's...and Balenciaga Black GSH Day.

But in my defense... I never jeopardize budget, household, etc for shoes...never.

Wow we all give up so much! I thought I was crazy because I literally spend all of my money on clothes or shoes. I don't really ever go out, I don't smoke or drink so I don't have those expenses either, I don't really ever eat out. The money I have left after paying money for living I really do spend it all on shoes or clothes, I can't have both though so if I buy shoes 1 month and they cost quite a bit I don't buy anything else. Ebay is my friend lol :biggrin: I sell all of my old jeans and other clothes as well if I need to. I have been quiet lately though, I haven't bought Louboutins in about a month now which is good compared to how bad I used to be lol; 12 pairs since August... My savings account looks so sad now lol :smile: