What do we think of this framed bombe satchel?

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I came across this on the BG website: Black woven leather with brown crocodile trim. Top handles. Framed top with turn-lock closure. 12"H x 15"W x 6"D. It also comes in a smaller size that zips and does not have a frame across the top. What do you guys think of it?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bvframebombe.jpg
    bvframebombe.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4,903
  • bvframebombe2.jpg
    bvframebombe2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 5,011
I think I like the shape but the 6,800 USD they're asking for this one could be easily spent on a bag plus a pair of shoes plus a wallet plus a scarf (or so...)

I think I like the shape but the 6,800 USD they're asking for this one could be easily spent on a bag plus a pair of shoes plus a wallet plus a scarf (or so...)

You are right. I really liked that other small E-W Bombe satchel, but it was almost as much.

^Wow, that's a massive price tag! I guess it's because of the crocodile parts, but that seems to be an excuse many designers use nowadays to increase their prices - just stick on a bit of croc and up they go. For that price you could buy a cabat and a Veneta!

We are in love with this bag!!!! bryan said the ala moana store will get the small version - i don't know what the dimensions are, but can get the large as well. they are expected in november????

I'm not so sure Jburgh, it's not my personal style and the weave looks pretty reptile to me and that's without focusing on the croc trim. I wonder if it's heavy to carry??

I think it looks like a doctor's bag lying down - which I like. Standing up, looks like a t-shirt...
hmmm.... it's interesting looking, but I'd have to look at it irl to really decide.

i think it looks a lot like this bag, but better, no?

this is the framed tote from bluefly in ebano - i remember loving this and trying it on IRL, and having my DH laugh at me because it was large enough to be a suitcase relative to my royal shortness. 13'' dual leather handles with 4'' drop/ Measures 17'' at widest x 15'' tall at center x 5'' deep; weighs 3 lbs.

ebano framed tote.jpg

this looks like its elegant older sister and the one on the bergdorf site (pre order) says it is 12"H x 15"W x 6"D which is more reasonable size wise i think. to me the shape doesn't look droopy or sad as some of my lovely tPF sisters are saying, more like a turkey waiting to be hugged. i love it. did i mention that before?

Croc trim tote.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks nicer than the earlier version on Bluefly although it's not my style. I prefer something that can be used on the shoulder too. It looks too stiff for me too.